“It's not worth it”

Ranked #100 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Tallinn, Estonia
“It's not worth it”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I booked the room back in Koh Samui from Agoda. I read a couple of reviews and thought:,, It's a hotel, how bad can it be.'' When we arrived to the hotel the next day at 4 pm. We were a bit tired from the trip(Koh Samui-Krabi) so we just wanted to go and but our stuff in the room and have dinner somewhere. We looked around.. there was no one there. We thought:,, Ok, that's funny..''. So we shouted out for someone. No answer. We decided to call the number of the hotel. the phone rang in front of us. No movement still. My friend took a look around and he found a guy sleeping in the back. He woke him up. We found it funny and did not mind it at all. When it came to the room, he had no idea, that were coming, there was no key or info on the table. So that took a while. He called someone from the management and they came in to figure things out. In the end we got our room that was in the 3rd floor. If you have big suitcases, then the stairs can be a pit of a problem. But the staff helped with that. We booked the Deluxe room, because it had breakfast included. the room was huge and the bed was huge! But the bed is not soft. So if you enjoy sleeping on a cloud, then this is not for you. But it worked just fine for us. Anyway, in the evening just out of curiosity. I looked over what came with the deluxe room and found some things missing: no bathrobes, no tea/coffee maker, no hairdryer. When I called in to ask about the hairdryer, they just said:,, It's finished.''. My friend found some red ants on his side of the mattress as well. In the morning we had our breakfast. A small omelette( that looked more like scrambled eggs on top of each other)and it was really oily. 2 slices of toast, small glass of orange syrup with water and coffee/tea. I drank the coffee and it was horrible, I don't recommend the coffee choice at all. We left early, because we took a ferry to Phi Phi Islands. Hotel sells the ticket with 380 thb, but we got it with 300 from a travel agency.

Maybe I just had a bad day and actually it's a really nice place. Up to you to decide! My advice, you can find a better place in the area with a better value.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Pahkel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We booked a room and noted our arrival time as 10am. When we arrived the guy behind the desk didn't understand english let alone speak it. It was fine, we left a bag in storage and went to spend the morning in the town. One of the only reasons we booked the hotel was because it said it has a pool and on the booking site the picture for the hotel is a poolside shot. Once we checked in we discovered that there is no pool!! There is ONLY free access to a pool at another hotel that is 15 - 20 minutes walk away (the beach is closer)! I am so so so glad I only booked one night.

The room is a decent size, it seems clean enough, but for the price versus location and actual amenities I feel ripped off.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank OliviaJo

Travellers are raving about these Ao Nang hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

I have just completed a 4 night stay here. I booked through sawasdee and things couldn't have been easier. The staff were friendly, the wifi was quick and the rooms were clean. The bed was very large and took up so much of the room that there was no floor space to get from one side to the other, you simply had to climb over the bed. As often is the case, our beds were two single beds pushed together which was fine. My only gripe was the mattress that was on my side was broken, the springs must have collapsed because there was a large indent. I either had to sleep in the groove of the broken side or climb right over to my sisters side. I didn't mention it to the staff as I believe they were fully booked. Other than that, a fantastic stay. The hotel is a 15 min walk to the beach past some fantastic restaurants and shops.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank mizjess
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 23 January 2013

very spacious and clean room. Hotel is close to the beaches and there are many restaurants to try and the food was very cheap and excellent value for money. Did not have to go out to book sight seeing tours, motorbike or airport transfer as this could be done in the hotel. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I would definitely book the same hotel again and woulkd recommend it to others too.

Room Tip: definitely a good deal for the money!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Innovation Sola... R
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 November 2012

it is located at aonang but not at main central that near to the beach and all shops.
the staff is friendly but they actually not really speak well english. he did not understand that i request for extra bed for my friend's children and we cant book another room to separate the two kids with parent. even i made a remark on the agoda booking but they didn't look into it. anyway, it is still a comform room but i will not recommand to those who have kids travel with parent.

Room Tip: a affordable guesthouse
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The hotel is like budget hotel and it is located at Aonang area but the walking distance to Aonang beach is quite far,i think it will take you around 20 to 30 minutes.
The staffs are friendly and some of them can speak English well. I like the design of the room and the bed is big enough to sleep 3 person.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mickyjun
Singapore
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Stay here for 3 nights for Songkran, the room is big, the staff helped us to call the tour company when they did not pick us up for the day tour, rent us the motorbike to go down to the tour company to collect the refund. Overall it is a pleasant stay, the only setback is abit too far the the beach (10mins walking).

• Stayed April 2012