“We enjoyed our stay at Timber House”

Timber House Resort
Ranked #68 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Denmark
“We enjoyed our stay at Timber House”
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We enjoyed staying at Timber House for two weeks. The pool area is very nice as well as the garden. The rooms are spacious and clean.Everybody working at Timber House are very friendly, helpful and service minded. Free wifi in the restaurant and in the pool area - very nice.
Only the breakfast was a bit of a disapointment. We would happily stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lohsien

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Stayed here over Xmas for a few days. Rooms are clean and spacious. Location is good for restaurants and a short walk to the Longboat Co-operative if you want to visit other beaches. Although on a main road the rooms are quiet for a good night's sleep apart from when they stick on some ageing noisy generator at six in the morning. Be aware of this when booking your room. The pool is nice and clean if you just want to lounge around. There is no lifeguard on hand if you are thinking of leaving your kids there whilst going shopping. Plenty of choices at breakfast, you won't go hungry. The restaurant does a buffet every night if you want to eat here. My partner doesn't like buffets but he really enjoyed this one. On Xmas day we discovered Santa had visited despite the fact we were very naughty this year and left two little stockings with sweets in them. Such a lovely touch.

Room Tip: Be aware of noisy generator that gets switched on around six in the morning.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed at the Timber House back in July 2013 and I need to say that I enjoyed the position of the hotel, right in between the beaches and the shops; the room was spacious and clean, facing the pool.

I didn't have particular problems, I knew the level of services I was going to get for the price paid, so I cannot complain. Having said that, if you are looking for a nice resort with many comforts, this is not the place for you. Recommended to the budget traveler and those who just need a bed where to rest.

No wifi included and breakfast buffet quite poor and repetitive, but you can ask for freshly made eggs and omelettes.

I would stay there again if travelling alone or with friends.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We chose this hotel due to its location from the main strip at Ao Nang and for Krabi Airport flying home the following day. Upon arrival thought we were at the wrong hotel, I was thinking more of a timber construction?? We were a little early for the room so we put our luggage in a locked room and ventured to the shops which were about a 10 minute walk away.
Back at the room all was ok except mosquitoes; all the doors were left open by the cleaners which allowed umpteen of them in!! Looking out the back window there was a planter with stagnant water, not sure if they were coming from there, but it probably doesn't help.
The pool and surrounding area was clean and we used the sun loungers for a while soaking up the last few rays before night.
Again, not sure where the mozzies were coming from but had to deal with a few more before going to sleep, this did have an impact on my sleep, wondering if after 3 weeks away the last night we get eaten alive.
Inside the room just before the bathroom there is a step, in total darkness, Liz tripped and severely bruised both knees, so the bathroom light was kept on for remainder of the night.
After waking up again on mozzie patrol killing another 4
Breakfast was truly awful, badly fitting covers allowed food to be swarming with flies, not much variety so just has a croissant and coffee, packed up checked out and got prearranged taxi to the airport.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank liz_phil1
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Hotel was okay,but if you are looking for spa and massage they are not available. nearest spa will be located in another hotel 5-10 minutes walk away from Timber.

Pool is small, buffet breakfast is quite good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed there for a week on May. The hotel is located just a few steps away from the beach. The front desk girls are very helpful and always with a great smile. The room was a little bit rundown but it is okay since it is value for the price at only RM110 per night. By the way, it was still very comfortable and spacious. There is a very basic swimming pool and reastaurant providing daily breakfast with not much selections. Overall, it is a good budget hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I suppose I should know by now that hotels appear on Groupon for a reason - possibly because nobody wants to stay there... So, where do I begin? I booked two rooms at Timber House back in July based on the photos and reviews. I was double charged which cost me S$26 because of the fluctuation in exchange rate. It took until the day before I arrived for them to offer me any kind of compensation.

Upon arrival I was surprised at how 'tired' the place looked compared to the photos on the Internet. I can only assume they are using pictures from the 1990s. The reception also looks in need of an update especially with the musty old aircon unit chugging away in the corner. However, we should not judge a book by it's cover.. I was prepared to give it a chance.

After an hour of total confusion about the fact that my son was not my husband and I needed the two rooms we eventually got shown our rooms. Again, these were very tired looking but clean enough, although not near eachother.

So let's go back to the compensation voucher I received... I was offered S$26 to spend in the hotel's fish restaurant. This was the restaurant that shut at 5pm and was in total darkness at 7pm, although all literature stated it was open until 10 pm. However, I was informed that they could prepare me dinner the next day if I told them what I wanted in advance and could eat it by 6. I did try the restaurant the following morning for the complimentary breakfast and decided I had had a lucky escape dinner-wise.

The pool looked OK despite the filtration unit being on wheels and rather old. The spa was open air in what looked like a drained pool and consisted of two massage beds and what I thought was a drinks machine or wardrobe but my son said was a sauna! The roof was also falling in.

I stayed one night here although I was booked in for 4. This is a cheap hotel for people wanting a clean bed and nothing more. The old saying, 'you get what you pay for' certainly applies here.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the car park and try for the pool view. Be aware that the properties have a fron...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family