I was extremely looking forward to my stay in Ananta Burin Resort but little bad experiences accumulated and soon I wasn't enjoying it that much.
The hotel is located about a 5-min walk from the beach. So no problem accessing the main shopping area. It is also located just opposite convenience stores. So pretty good location.
When we reached, we had to wait about an hour for the room. Seriously? Even after I have mentioned in my booking that it is a birthday surprise? I thought the hotel could have been more prepared. Quite interesting now that I noticed in previous posts by others, they too experienced late check-ins.
The room was decent though. Nothing spectacular. Had a nice balcony overlooking the pool.
They have limited TV channels. Weird that they stated to have HBO but there isn't. Probably only 3 English-speaking channels. Fox Movies, BBC and Sports. On the first day, other than the check-in hiccup, it went pretty well. After shopping, we thought of having a massage in our room but was told that their massage service ends at 9pm. So we tried it the next day. Really wasn't spectacular. Cost 300baht per hour, and yes they can do it in your room. There's actually better one just outside - Feel Good Massage. For room make-up service, you need to inform the reception too.
Every extra little service in the hotel is chargeable. Really! On the 2nd day, we rented a bike for 200baht - had to wait for their manager (who was the only one to have the bike keys) for 1hour. And they were hardly apologetic. When we returned the bike, the petrol tank was about 1/4 full and they requested us to refill. Was quite upset given that it was only half full when it was handed to us and reckon that they could have been more understanding since we waited for one hour the day before. Oh well, that didn't happen.
I even asked for a very small cake just to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and was told to pay 450baht. Oopps..thought the hotel was providing it complimentary like most other hotels usually do but nope.
Oh, there is only free wifi in the lobby area. But you can purchase for your personal use in your room for 100baht per hour.
We didn't book breakfast and thought of ordering room service at 8.30am. However, their room service only starts at 10am.
For tour booking, try booking from the counters opposite the hotel. The hotel offered 600baht per person for two-way trip to Krabi Town Night Market but the opposite tour counters offered 250baht per person.
Make a good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ananta Burin Resort located between the beautiful Nopparattara Beach and Aonang Beach. Only 5 minutes walk distance to Nopparattara Beach and you can enjoy your day with Ao Nang Beach that amidst the white sandy, islets, coral reefs, rock formations, limestone caves and clear waters of the Andaman Sea. The hotel has two swimming pools. The first one is suitable with guests who would like to have peaceful and quite environment. However to make your holiday extremely enjoyable, the hotel provides you the second swimming pool with a water park with two slides. The first one height is 5 meters tall; and the second one height is 8 meters tall. Lazy River Pool can give you the relaxing emotion when you are at swimming pool. To create the feeling of fantasy nature, we create artificial mountain and waterfall with a nice garden to level your feeling up. The hotel concerns every single point in order to make you “Experience the Wonderful Holiday With Us” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ananta Burin Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ananta Burin Hotel Ao Nang
- Ananta Burin Resort Krabi/Ao Nang