“Plastic Flowers!”

Ananta Burin Resort
Ranked #34 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Overall our stay was pleasant. The hotel is well situated.

Staff were very helpful & room large with nice sized balcony. We were 3 sharing a room so had to have a folding bed.

Breakfast was only average.

There were plastic flowers everywhere, which I really hate, considering there are such beautiful flowers.

Staff were helpful & friendly.
Our room aspect wasn't the best but rooms that are situated next to the pool looked really nice.

There was an unpleasant smell of drains near the pool.

They have a shower room for use after checkout for later flights which was very convenient.

Room Tip: Not to take a room at the front as it would be very noisy. Ask for a room near the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This was a planned getaway holiday with my friends.

Location wise, it's about 40 minutes via taxi (B600) from the airport. We booked 4 nights for superior room and when we arrived, we got upgraded to deluxe with adjoining rooms. What we like for this resort that quite a walk from the happening area in Ao Nang beach. It's quiet and if you dont want to walk, you can opt for taxi or Tut-Tut (about B20 per pax) to Ao Nang beach area or B500 to Krabi town (remember to negotiate the fares!)

The room is decent with clean towel and toilet amenities. The only complain I have is the air-conditioning unit which is blowing warm air rather than cold air. (yes, I compare that with my friend's unit, and theirs was very cold!). We informed the front desk twice, which they send their technician to check it, but I guess the unit may not be functioning well.

Breakfast was simple with some choices like sausage, potatoes, fried noodles, fried eggs, coffee, juices, fruits etc. we have no complain with the price we paid for the room, you just need something in your stomach before the start of the day (you'll be out for boat trip etc, so don't eat too much!)

Internet is chargeable in the room but its free in the lobby area, however, if you want free Internet, ask for room which is near to the lobby.

The swimming pool is pretty small, but adequate enough if you want to go for a few laps.

The convenience stores nearby are typically not cheap, if you want to stock up your own beverages (beers) and other food (if you don't mind walking), head to Family Mart next to Holiday Inn Resort, the price is very reasonable and won't cost you a bomb!

In a nutshell, this is a good resort and nice place to stay if you do not want to stay in the mainstream area!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms near the lobby to get free WiFi! Rooms such as 201, 301, 401 are your best bet!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had a pool access room and it was very quiet and peaceful. Loved the fact that the hotel is not in the main stretch and walking distance to the main Beach area. The room is spacious and loved their bed. The staff are friendly. Breakfast is good especially during the weekends. And, the hotel is open concept so there is no Air-con in the hotel except for the rooms. And, maybe the other enclosed areas. It was definitely "Ananta"(Happy) stay.

Room Tip: Corner room for quieter options.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JsRaman
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This place is pretty much all you can ask for. It's in a great location, near the restaurants and bars, but not directly on the strip. The service is EXCELLENT - with a very friendly and welcoming staff. The rooms are clean and accommodating, and the pool is nice. I recommend this place for a stay. The hotel also had a fun NYE party for the guests. It had free food and entertainment and it was a real bonus for staying here.
Prices for food and drinks were a little pricey by the pool, but everything is pricey in Ao Nang. If the pool had a swim up bar, this place would be five stars!

Room Tip: Pool access is great if you are going to use the pool a lot, but pool view is recommended.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We booked a Deluxe pool access room for our parents and a Superior room for ourselves. Like what a previous poster had said, the pool access room makes a difference. We end up sharing the pool access room with our parents the 2 nights there. Their staffs are typical hotel staff in thailand - nice and friendly. We tried their restaurant's pineapple rice and it was pretty good.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kingpanther
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I came from luxury 4 star in Chiang Mai to Ananta Burin and at first I was a little disappointed. After a few days I realised the hotel had everything I needed and in fact I really enjoyed my stay there. I stayed 11 days over Christmas (4 days on my own) and I thought the location was fantastic. Walking distance to the heart of Ao Nang and very safe. The rooms are very clean, beds a little too hard but overall comfortable. I had a pool access room which made the difference. The pool was fantastic, it was like stepping into a bath and the poolside bar & restaurant cheap and tasty. I found all the staff really friendly and most with very good English. I had a few problems when there and the staff were more than willing to help. I agree Breakfast could have been better but I've been in Thailand over 1 month now and Breakfasts most places aren't the best.

Across the street from the hotel there's a great little cocktail bar with funky decor, comfy seats and a cool cocktail list. Next door there's an English speaking pharmacy (godsend) and a 7/11 convenience store.

When in Ao Nang I would recommend anyone who gets boat sick to take motion tablets before taking a trip. As far as boat trips and island hopping goes I'd strongly recommend the Phi Phi islands - Bamboo Island / Maya Bay, Railay East & West, Tup Island and Poda island. Railey is a great place to watch the sun come down.

If like me you're using Krabi as a base then Ananta Burin is a great place to stay. If looking for beach set paradise & luxury then I'd go elsewhere.

Safe Trip x

Room Tip: Chose a low level pool access room - from what I saw these were the best.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Ruizzu
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed 3 nights here and, initially, felt everything was great. Clean room, good amenities, nice pool and lobby. However, the service was very poor and certain members of staff consistently rude throughout our stay. Nobody could speak/understand English to an adequate standard nor did they try. We tried asking for ice several times as the ice tray in our fridge was stuck. It seemed all they cared about was getting more and more money from us by demanding 40 baht just for a glass of ice! Pathetic for a 4 star rated hotel. Also, at the pool we asked for towels and were told "finish" and only given them after I complained at reception otherwise nobody would have bothered. Did they expect me to walk around the hotel dripping wet!? We are both vegetarian and at breakfast there were few hot items we could eat besides boiled rice, potatoes and plain spaghetti (even the sauce they provided had either chicken or fish in it!!). We both had a massage here one evening which was equally disappointing! There was no privacy, the massage therapists were late, it was 45mins instead of the intended hour and all they did was chat/laugh amongst themselves. My husband asked for the 'chocolate oil' massage which happened to be just the same as a normal oil one. We didn't come back for a second! I mentioned my concerns to the staff at reception so hopefully things will change for others :) I, however, will NOT be coming back again!

• Stayed: December 2013