“"Beautiful hotel"”

Ranked #41 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“"Beautiful hotel"”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

very nice and comfy hotel, clean beds, awesome breakfast, great service.

location is a little far from the main beach area so need to do some walking and as you walk along you will find a lot of shops and restaurant.

overall value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VKLiew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and i stayed here for 8 nights, the staff are great and private pool option is the best way to go!!! BUT there are a few things I wasn't happy about. Our tv didn't work and the night shift guy looked at us but couldn't speak any English, thankfully my husband fixed it. When they cleaned our room it got progressively worse, It was like they rushed to make the bed and left. Some days it was really good and they cleaned up and replaced the tea and coffee but one some days it was as if they didn't have time. Just a suggestion for this hotel: Have a check list when cleaning the rooms to keep it consistent. Also the book in the room says the room service is available till 10:30pm, well its not. Also on our first night we realised there was no phone but we asked for it twice and we got it. We hired a scooter from the hotel which was only 200B and at other places its 500B so that was good! We knew we had to pay for the wifi and its only 490B for our duration and the connection was fast.Location is perfect, 3mins walk away from the beach and shops! I would return to this hotel and recommend it but i don't like having to clean my own sink and shower on holiday. ps im not a messy person!

Room Tip: Pick the Private Access Pool Rooms, its worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

the room is great.
nice swimming pool.
staffs are very very helful and friendly.
upon check in,we were escorted by receptionist and yes this hotel really welcoming us!
breakfast ok,but would be great if they serve halal food.
all i can say,this is so memorable and i enjoyed my stay!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights. First 2 nights there were power outage, the first lasted for more than 3 hours while the latter lasted for about 2 hours.
Room was good, nothing to complain. Pool access room is wonderful as we can dip into the pool whenever we feel like it.
Buffet breakfast was simple and nothing to rave about. 2nd day when we overslept and only reached the restaurant at 9.20am. We were shocked to see that most of the food were not replenished. My daughter asked for fresh milk and the waitress reluctantly took out a big bottle and poured out only half a glass for my daughter! The sunny side up was also out and when I requested for 1, the waitress reply was "wait a moment" and the moment never come.

Stayed June 2014
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I would rate this place at a 3 star max and that is due to the staff being better then the facilities.

We were upgraded to a better room to no real surprise since it is low season (still nice tho). The room itself was clean, however I killed more mosquitoes there than in a beach bungalow we previously stayed at that had with holes all over it.

The power went out on three separate occasions. The first was the longest for more then 3 hours and when I called to ask the front desk to ask if it was just the resort that had the power outage, or if it was the entire town they were confused by my question and said yes. I rephrased the question and was then told yes again and hung-up on. I don't think this is in any way bad just a misunderstanding. The A/C was nice but made the room more humid then the outside even with the rain. It was so bad that we almost slipped on the floor as a result from it. They gave three pillows knowing that two people were staying in the room when I asked for a 4th they said there would be a charge of 100baht/day. I understand they are trying to make money but really for one pillow?! They charge 300baht for a breakfast buffet that is ok at best. It;s worth walking up the street for the street food. In the end the staff was friendly and always smiled and made us feel welcomed. The pool closed at 6pm where the resort next to closes much later and made me sad when we went out for the day and wanted to take a dip hearing the fun being had next door but was past 6pm :( For the price we paid and the quality we got it was average.

Room Tip: Ask for pool view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I can't understand other reviews further down this page... I stayed here for 5 nights and loved this hotel. The rooms are lovely with everything you need and in good working condition. The pool area is well maintained with staff available at all times. There is also a massage area. The hotel is a 5/10 minute walk from the main street but along the way there is plenty shops, bars and restaurants if you don't want to walk that far. 60 baht for a taxi to the main street is a rip off I think when it's not far a walk.. there is actually a nice indian restaurant round the corner from the hotel. Another issue I've read on the reviews is the breakfast situation. There is a big breakfast choice. Everything from cereals, fruit, pasta to pancakes. They have tried their best to cater for everyone. Of course there is a few Asian dishes but then the hotel does have a lot of Asain paying customers... I think people forget you are in south east Asia. If you want western or continental food go somewhere else! The hotel was a good price and i would definently recommend here

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank cozbawz
Hyderabad
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I picked Ananta Burin based on the travelers reviews on Tripadvisor.com and was not disappointed with my choice.
Tucked in an ally but close to convenience stores like 7-11, this was a small boutique hotel with Ao Nang beach close by.
The morning breakfast spread was good but you need to be earl;y or wait to be seated during 8-9. As all islands tour starts from 9 onward there is always rush at the restaurant during this hour and if your pick up vehicle is waiting for you, there is strong chance that you have to give complimentary breakfast a miss which is huge disappointment. One more thing unlike other hotels they will serve one egg dish in the buffet but there is no live counter and if you want your eggs in a special way, you need to order the same. The wifi is complimentary only at the reception area(always crowded on account of that).

Overall a nice and cozy place to stay and I would recommend the same to my fellow travelers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family