We arrived around midnight at Haleeva to a warm reception from the owner, Sun. He spoke exceptionally good English and we felt glad we had picked this place to stay as our first accommodation in Thailand. I noticed during our stay that Sun also spoke good French so has put in the time to learn multiple languages.
The room was of a good size. Yes there was no lift but there was someone on reception who offered to take up our bags if needed. If you have trouble walking though this might not be the place for you, you would need to see if they have ground floor rooms. I had no complaints with the room, the bed was fine and was kept very clean considering we brought sand into the room some days.
I must admit we didn't try the food here as we always got up too late!
The rest of the staff were friendly and there was tons of information to help you book excursions in reception. WiFi was easy to use.
Ao Nang beach was a comfortable 15 minute walk away but we enjoyed the walk down there as there were a lot of bars and restaurants on the way. I wouldn't have wanted to stay right in Ao Nang as you would miss all the great food stalls on the way there. As a tip I'd say do take a boat around to Railay beach for the day as it is a more attractive beach than the shingley Ao Nang.
Perhaps Haleeva's only downside is that some of the rooms face out onto the main road and it can get noisy early and make it hard to sleep. I'm sure if you ask for a quieter room though, you could get round this. The positives make this a great place to stay so don't let this put you off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Haleeva Sunshine is a b&b for everyone looking for economic travel,great experience and Thai service. We are located on Aonang beach, in a peaceful environment allowing for great relaxation. We are open to all comments from customers as we realise the importance of great customer service. All 20 rooms are designed to exude a hostel small boutique color full and decorated with local materials and variety of color. Set among the lush tropical garden and best panorama of mountain view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Haleeva Sunshine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haleeva Sunshine Hotel Ao Nang
- Haleeva Sunshine Krabi/Ao Nang