We stayed at this resort for 4 nights on our honeymoon trip to Thailand. Had booked directly through their website and got some really good deals for the pool access villa plus the speed boat trip to Phi Phi and nearby islands.
The resort is right on the main street to Ao Nang beach (barely a 2 min walk). Everything you need is right outside the hotel: a 7-11, laundry, bike rentals, restaurants, pharmacy, etc. But once inside, the chaos is quickly left behind and you're welcomed into a gorgeous property with a large pool (one of the best I've ever seen in a resort), with wonderful landscape around it. We opted for the pool access villas, and it was nothing short of sheer luxury. The entrance to the pool from the villa was rather private, and the balcony was very nice to sit in (very comfortable chairs) for a beer or just to spend some quality time with a loved one. The bed was huge and extremely comfortable; perfect for peaceful sleeps after a tiring day exploring the charming Krabi. The villas have cosy wooden interiors in warm tones. The bathroom was huge, with a spacious bath tub and a separate rain shower area. Very romantic! The room has a flatscreen TV, but not too many English channels. They do, however, have a DVD player, so you can watch movies if you buy DVDs from one of the several shops on the Ao Nang beach road. The in-room facilities were standard; no complaints.
Breakfast was included in the package; my husband loved the shrimp rice and other Asian delicacies they had in the breakfast menu. The restaurant is peaceful.
The resort has wifi, as well as two PC's in the reception area for free limited browsing.
A word about the staff: most are not very fluent in English or may not seem extremely friendly, but you do manage to get by; during our stay here, we did not face any problems with communicating with them or during check-in/check-out. No rude encounters with staff either. Housekeeping was prompt.
The speedboat trip was well organized; no glitches there. We had a perfectly enjoyable day; even the rain couldn't take away the beauty of the islands or the speed boat journey.
Overall, it was a stay we will never forget; in fact, it was probably not a good idea to stay at the resort as one of our first trips as a married couple, because it has set such a high benchmark for us that we now tend to compare each property we stay at with this wonderful resort. And very few match up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Orchid Resort, which in located on the centre of beautiful Aonang beach, It's a modern resort setting, Luxurious room only a few to the beach. Aonang Orchid Resort is equipped facilities ensure that every guests will have everything they need for the most enjoyable and confortable stay. All rooms are surrounded by pool view and cliff limestone or city view of Aonang area, ensuring total privacy for each occupant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aonang Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Orchid Hotel Ao Nang
- Ao Nang Orchid Hotel
- Aonang Orchid Resort Krabi/Ao Nang