Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
Booking.comUS$34
Hotels.comUS$29
Trip.comUS$27
All reviews pool view great pool no elevator water pressure noodles villa honeymoon
Selected filters
A Tripadvisor Member
airtrainandplane
Reviewed 21 July 2012

On arrival we were met with a smile and informed we were upgraded, on seeing the 'pool view' room and taking in a quick smell amidst the gloomy, dank and dampness, I said no thank you, give me the room we booked (sea view)
This resulted in a few forlorn expressions and carrying the bags up 4 floors to our bigger less smellier 'pylon view' room. I was advised to check for any breakages as I would be charged for them when I left! We were given our 3 breakfast coupons, I thought they were a valuable tradable commodity as the receptionist made such a fuss over keeping them in a safe location.
Breakfast, 2 selections of fruit in Thailand? oh, dont forget your coupon!
On the second day I asked for some teabags and sugar so we could make a cup of tea in our 'pylon view' suite. Oh dear, I was asked why? Why not? Why do you not pay? Im a guest!
After a heated Thai-English exchange I had had enough and left this morning without informing them. We have paid in full via Agoda so they have not lost any cash, I have not wasted another day in the saddest hotel with the most unwelcoming staff that I have ever encountered in S/E Asia.
Give this hotel a wide berth, it stinks,,,

Room tip: Dont do it.
2  Thank A Tripadvisor Member
Reviewed 18 July 2012

the hotel brochure and internet site talk of a beautiful 4 star paradise away from the crowds.....how i wish i'd gone to that hotel instead! The only good thing i can say is that the rooms appear to be clean. However, upon check in we were informed that we could not be in our room between 1 and 3pm because it was being fumigated!!! (just what you want to hear). The toilet seat was broken, the balcony door did not shut or lock (and even if you do manage to close the damn thing, there is an inch gap at the top of the door which results in plenty of mozzys in your room. We have been moved around 3 rooms and every door had this problem. the hotel is covered in mosquitos. We've been traveling through Cambodia and Thailand for 3 weeks and ive been bitten once - ive been here 6 hours and my legs are covered in bites.

Service - Terrible. The manager could not talk to me because she was at a meeting leaving nobody to help you. The staff barely speak English and were visibly annoyed with our complaints about the brokens things in rooms. When they moved us the first time, they took us to the noisiest room ive ever been in. the passing by of bikes, taxis and tuk tuks gives you that genuine multi story car park experience.

You can really enjoy the "romantic Balcony" as you stand toe to toe between the biggest chairs in the world, facing out at power cables and pylons only 2 metres from your face.

The hotel restaurant looks like a shed. It may as well have power tools hanging from the wall.

This hotel is NOT 4 star - even a member of staff told me they consider it a 3 star.

Do not get me wrong, we've stayed in some budget hotels on this trip and theyve been lovely. This hotel was supposed to be a mid trip "treat'' but quite frankly I might sleep outside with the tuk tuk drivers in their hut.

My advice - stay ANYWHERE ELSE.
Excuse my punctuation and spelling in this review, i'm using the hotel computer and i'm pretty sure this is broken too.

Room tip: Book a different hotel.
1  Thank kelly87Cardiff
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We booked a grand superior room which was located in the back block in July for NZ$65. It was huge, clean, comfortable, had a bath, LCD, DVD player, large comfortable bed, vanity desk and plenty of seating. The swimming pool was amazing and lovely to swim in with plenty of loungers available, although we were travelling in the low season. Location was great being amongst bars, restaurants, cafes and shops with 4 minute walk to beach. Laundry can be done at cheaper price at shop next to 711 out front. We did not take the breakfast deal and had great breakfast food at Dragon at the end of walking street.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This is a great off season value. Very nicely decorated clean room. Crystal clear pool. Nice central location. Near beach and restaurants. Lovely orchids outside the room. Nice attention to detail. Hot water only tepid.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Went there as a big group of abt 40 pax for 3 nights in early June 2012. Liaised with Pawinee from A-Z - she's a gem - never say no to all of my many requests. The other staff are also very helpful and friendly. Since we were in a big group, we took various types of rooms - the seaview, poolview as well as pool access villa. All the rooms are great - seaview and poolview are very large and spacious and nicely decorated (have connecting rooms too). The pool access is much smaller compared to the other two types but very suitable for honeymooners - not for family. Overall price for all types of rooms are very reasonable - especially during green season.
Location is great - smack in Aonang street. Everything is clean - during our time there, it rained most of the time, so the staff would mop the floor every now and then making sure that it is dry all the time. Pool is great. Restaurant is halal for muslims - breakfast was also very good. Had also one dinner at the hotel restaurant - equally good. Tour agent is just in front of the hotel - making it very convenient for us to arrange impromptu jungle tour due to the bad weather during our time there (we initially booked 2 days of snorkeling - but managed to change one of them without having to pay more). Pawinee helped to arrange for massage in room for the ladies, arranged for a local dinner outside with transportation for our large group. All made my life a lot more easier as a leader of this group. I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2012