I stayed here with my wife and two young kids for 6 nights. The hotel itself is quite nice, comprising a number of villas, most of which are two rooms. We had a hillside view triple room (ie a double and a single with a baby cot as well) The rooms are very spacious even with a baby cot. My wife was very impressed by the large bathroom with separate large bath and shower. our room was 106 and had a nice outlook over the gardens and mountain. Some of the villas would not have as nice an outlook and I would stay away from 109 and 110. We we happy to have the hillside rather than poolside villa as they offer much more privacy when sitting out on the verandas ( which is covered with chairs and a small table).
Breakfast was decent if you want basic - toast, cereal, eggs. The cooked food at breakfast was generally cold and unappealing.
we ate one evening at the resort and the food was pretty bad. Spring rolls came out cold. When we mentioned this, they were thrown back in the deep fried and brought back out. As they had already been cut in half this second frying process created oil logged spring rolls - really bad. Most other dishes were cold. As the package included a dinner for two it is almost as though they figured we werent paying so why bother. They did prepare a chicken and veg stir fry for the children that was quite decent though.
The hotel is quite a way from the beach with the hotels hourly shuttle the only way in. Getting a tuk tuk back is very easy.
One saving grace is the new restaurant over the road called 'beer garden soi 11' from what I can tell. It's a German owned restaurant that does great food. We sacrificed a free meal in the resort for one of their delicious schnitzels. Their pizzas are also very good and the owner even makes his own peppermint schnapps.
Overall we had a great stay. Pleasant staff, great room, and wonderful serenity and seclusion. Don't come here if you want to be in the middle of it all but for destressing it is very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang