My wife and I spent our first 5 nights on our first trip to Thailand at the Phu Petra. We were exhausted after traveling 24 hours from NYC, and the hotel offered shuttle service from HKT for a decent price. The hotel grounds are small but quite nice, nestled between Aonang and the limestone cliffs. We spent one morning by the pool watching the sun rise; very peaceful.
Hotel staff is friendly, especially Justin (as noted by other reviewers).
The rooms are quite spacious, notably the bathroom with a a huge walk-in shower and big bathtub. That said, our room (#115) felt dark, even with all the shades open. Furthermore, it's difficult to leave the shades open as everyone can then see into the room. The bed is HUGE but very firm.
As others note the location is outside Aonang town. There is a shuttle service to town every hour and from town nearly every hour, so you have to plan around it. There is only one restaurant in the hotel, and the food is good - not great; we ate the Thai set dinner one night and felt the food in town is much better at a much lower price. Breakfast is good, though - lots of fresh fruit, excellent yogurt and granola, and fresh juice.
Not a bad place to stay - we felt the hotels we stayed in afterward (in Ko Phi Phi and Chiang Mai) were much more posh, but for the value this is a great choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 5 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang