In terms of natural beauty of the location, Aonang Phu Petra is hard to beat. It is situated at the base of a huge limestone cliff and surrounded by jungle. I will never forget the view from the pool, just amazing. However, the resort could invest in a few more deck chairs as they can at times all be occupied.
The resort itself is beautiful too. The gardens around the grounds are lovely and the little wooden signs advising the plants' species are a cute touch.
The lobby area has two computers for free Internet use which is handy while you're waiting to be picked up for the day's activities.
Also, the resort provides an hourly shuttle to Aonang which saves you the 15-20 minute walk to the centre of town. The road to town goes through the jungle and if you are walking at dusk or night, be careful as we came across a large cobra on a tuk-tuk ride home one night!
I stayed in a Hillside Villa which was beautifully decorated and the bathroom was huge. I especially loved the extra deep bath.
The service was okay but nothing special. We had a few minor annoyances during our stay.
We arrived at the hotel at around 9 am. I knew that the check in time was 2 pm so we checked in and were told to relax around the pool until our room was ready at about 1 pm. We saw cleaners coming in and out of rooms so we checked back with reception at 1 pm. Room still not ready, so back to the pool we go. We see more rooms being completed so check back at 1.45 pm. Room still not ready. It was finally ready at 2 pm on the dot. Not a huge deal as this was the official check in time but surely they could have made our room a priority for cleaning, seeing as though they knew we were waiting for it?
Also, the first night we stayed, we organized a wake up call so we could get up early for a tour the next morning, however we also received the same wake up call the morning after. This was a bit annoying as this morning was to be our first sleep in after five mornings of extremely early wake ups!
We ate out every night so I can't comment on the food, however we did order chicken satay skewers for lunch around the pool one day but we were not confident that the chicken was fully cooked so we didn't finish them. The cocktails however are delicious and reasonably priced. Try the Honey Monkey, yum!
On the whole, the pluses outweigh the minuses at the Aonang Phu Petra but there are definitely improvements to be made.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 5 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang