We booked this 27-room boutique resort for our first visit to Krabi following the rave reviews on TA. The beauty of the setting dawned on us only at breakfast as we had checked in the night before when it was all dark. We were upgraded to a poolside room which was of similar size to the cliff-view room - spacious but it is true that bed-side lighting is too dim. The placements of the room's lights meant that we were staring at three bight lights affixed to the opposite wall when we laid in bed but had only one small bedside lamp to read from. The bathroom with large tub and separate shower stall was comfortable. Breakfast was a buffet spread on the first morning and subsequently became an a-la-carte "buffet" for the last two mornings due to low occupancy but it was alright for us. The resort screwed up our airport pickup although it was confirmed by email days in advance, we ended up getting an airport taxi ourselves - hence the room upgrade as compensation with the reception apologising profusely at check-in. To add salt to the injury (no pun intended!), our room service order of stir fried rice noodles (rad-na) was way too salty the chef must have forgotten to taste his cooking - but we were too tired from the hassled arrival to complain. The natural setting of this resort is its prime asset.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TravelUp, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang