Luckily we only booked one night. The place has the potential to be wonderful!!!! HOWEVER,,, The room was large, but had a distinct toilet smell. The AC just didn't quite do enough to chill the room down and it was noisy. The lighting was poor and coming back to the room at 10pm in total darkness was a little daunting, fumbling with keys as my family waited patiently as I tried to unlock the door. The staff were all quite friendly, but clearly had no service training.
The "hilltop view" room we had booked, looked straight at the road down the side of the property, which also caused us a concern of security, hence why we took all our valuables with us to dinner that evening and to breakfast the following morning. Which brings us on to breakfast; the fresh bread was great, but they said,,, "due to the lack of guests, there was no buffet" and so we were served a very average American breakfast that could have been served in any average side street restaurant.
Relaxing by the pool with the stunning mountain view still made the resort choice worthwhile. But at 90 THB for a banana shake, it was no wonder, nobody was seen with a pool side drink. The place desperately needs a good GM, but he or she will have his work cut out trying to turn it into a true 4* resort. Feeling generous, I give it 3* at the moment. Will we be back? Not for a while!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang