stayed at phu petra end of september '12 for 2 nights and it was what i expected. Resort style with beautiful cliff backdrop. Tranquility with lots of greenery. For us city folks it was a nice change waking up early in the morning hearing the roosters and hens and frogs.
Spacious room and bathroom. Love the huge bathtub. Airport pick up service was prompt and driver was nice and friendly. Waited for us while we shopped for groceries and even drove us to places with halal food.
The only problem is the location. Its much further in from the main tourist strip. While this makes the place quiet and tranquil, travelling is a tad difficult. But the hote provides cars and motorbikes for rental if u do not wish to wait for the shuttle service. We rented a motorbike which was good and cheap that is if the wether is good.
Unfortunately for us it was pouring and our room is right at e back. We had to carry umbrella and shopping bags and a baby walking in the rain at night from the lobby to our room which had no shelter and with stairs along the way. Only realised on the day we were checking out that they used buggy to get around the resort. I wished a staff had approached us and offered to send us back to our rooms in a buggy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang