A lovely oasis of calm away from Ao Nang's otherwise hectic tourist coastline.
Many of the bigger resorts are lined up along bustling & lively Noppharat Thara beach, so it's worth considering if you prefer a bit of genuine isolation and peace & quiet in the evening as Phu Petra is 5 mins drive away from the coast, thus avoiding the late night partying soundtrack you typically can't avoid elsewhere.
It's small enough to feel really personal but also professional enough to feel luxurious. The staff speak good English and are incredibly friendly and helpful. They taught us a few Thai language basics with a smile on their faces as we badly pronounced a couple of phrases.
The food is very good quality, though I'd recommend sticking to Thai cuisine (Shrimp Cakes w/ Plum sauce / Tod Mun Goong are fantastic) or only basic lightweight Western food. Some things get lost in translation!
There are regular free shuttle services every hour or so into town, and you can flag a samlor (motorbike & sidecar) for 100 THB if you want to get back on your own timetable.
There can be soundproofing issues from adjoining bungalows but the resort tends to attract quiet couples and young families so doesn't typically become a problem.
I would definitely stay here again if returning to Ao Nang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang