Loved this hotel and absolute bargain at £46pn through Expedia! Plus we got a free upgrade to a stunning pool-side room (117) when we arrived. Particularly loved the huge bathroom. Nothing too much trouble and even a minor confusion over breakfast was efficiently sorted out by the lovely receptionist.
The Thai banquet evening was worth doing - great food, live traditional music and releasing Chinese lanterns around the pool side.
We hired a scooter through the hotel which was great value and well organised. Delivered to the hotel in 10 mins with helmets for 300 bht/day. Well worth doing - we had a great day exploring Khao Phanom Bencha national park. Other amazing trips included Kayaking in the mangroves at Ao Thalane, Krabi Cookery School, 5 island sunset boat trip, Railay beaches (by longtail from the beach). We booked ours in advance but the hotel will arrange this for you. Also Ao Nang is a nice town to explore with monkeys on the beach at the far south-eastern end. The Beach Bar serves great cocktails and has good live music.
Very friendly, helpful staff. Lovely pool. Beautiful rooms & bathroom. Stunning gardens & mountain backdrop. Perfect if you like to be out of the way.
Breakfast expensive at 350bht per person. Good selection but we don't eat much for breakfast so it wasn't worth it for us and we gave it a miss. There are other great options (Thai Food Centre) within walking distance if you prefer a light breakfast like us.
Around 2km from beach, stunning mountain location. Distance no problem as free shuttle runs all day & only 1/2km from edge of town. 100bht for tuktuk late at light.
Only minor criticism was that the piped music seemed to be the same CD played over and over again! Hardly an issue!
Thank you for a wonderful end to our spectacular holiday :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang