Stay 27 Apr 14 – 1 May 14 (4 nights)
I have expected the service to be 4 stars when I booked this resort based on trip advisor rating and was satisfied with the reply from my request directly to the resort for transportation and mosquito net.
However, I was disappointed upon late evening check-in as I was given 2 single beds even through I have booked a double bed and I even mentioned that I’m travelling with my husband. The resort has mentioned that it was an upgraded from my reservation and not a down grade as they provided attached living room. For me, the living room – I don’t need it as I will be out all day, the bed was so near to the door and the bath room was so below average than the one I have reserved. They even mentioned that any special request cannot be guaranteed when I wrote to them immediately that it was not accepted and I was disappointed to have this room. HOW AM I HAVING A SPECIAL REQUEST - A Double Bed?? I’m not asking for any free upgrade, facing pool view, a bigger room, a free breakfast or any free things in fact! All I request was just a normal room with a double bed to share with my husband. I don’t know the Thai custom – do husband and wife sleep separately? So, they assumed that any couples will don’t mind to sleep separately and especially when having a vacation?
So, 1st night at the resort - We had not have a good sleep.
2nd day at the resort – we immediately went to the reception to check about our double bedroom request and was told to come back after 8.30am. We managed to have a change of bedroom at last! But, before that, in their email quoted –‘In case of you really need to move the room, you can be moved but you may be moved the room for every night for 1 king size bed room’. Is this the practice of a 4 stars resort way of dealing with their customers? I ignored this email and deal directly with the reception as I seriously did not want to ruin my vacation further!
Breakfast – compared to other same range of hotel or resort that I have been staying – below average except their egg station. However, I was not very satisfied with the cafe staff. Especially on my last day of breakfast, one staff approached me to ask for vouchers when I told her that I have given to her colleague but either she don’t understand me or she don’t believed me! Which I need to raise my voice to point to the staff that I have given the vouchers!
Customer service – Except Ms Cookie who provided the best services, I can’t get this level of service from other staff.
Room – Spacious but curtains/bed sheet/ pillow case were so dirty with lot of stains.
The shuttle bus – We have to get tuk tuk after 15 - 20 mins waiting for the 2.20pm timing but without seeing the shuttle bus on our second day. Thereafter, we never wait for the return shuttle bus to the resort.
Overall – I will not be coming back to this resort if I’m back to Krabi. If you let me choose between Phuket or Krabi - I will said Phuket provide all the best deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 5 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang