“Service not up to expectation!”

Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi
Ranked #3 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stay 27 Apr 14 – 1 May 14 (4 nights)

I have expected the service to be 4 stars when I booked this resort based on trip advisor rating and was satisfied with the reply from my request directly to the resort for transportation and mosquito net.

However, I was disappointed upon late evening check-in as I was given 2 single beds even through I have booked a double bed and I even mentioned that I’m travelling with my husband. The resort has mentioned that it was an upgraded from my reservation and not a down grade as they provided attached living room. For me, the living room – I don’t need it as I will be out all day, the bed was so near to the door and the bath room was so below average than the one I have reserved. They even mentioned that any special request cannot be guaranteed when I wrote to them immediately that it was not accepted and I was disappointed to have this room. HOW AM I HAVING A SPECIAL REQUEST - A Double Bed?? I’m not asking for any free upgrade, facing pool view, a bigger room, a free breakfast or any free things in fact! All I request was just a normal room with a double bed to share with my husband. I don’t know the Thai custom – do husband and wife sleep separately? So, they assumed that any couples will don’t mind to sleep separately and especially when having a vacation?

So, 1st night at the resort - We had not have a good sleep.

2nd day at the resort – we immediately went to the reception to check about our double bedroom request and was told to come back after 8.30am. We managed to have a change of bedroom at last! But, before that, in their email quoted –‘In case of you really need to move the room, you can be moved but you may be moved the room for every night for 1 king size bed room’. Is this the practice of a 4 stars resort way of dealing with their customers? I ignored this email and deal directly with the reception as I seriously did not want to ruin my vacation further!

Breakfast – compared to other same range of hotel or resort that I have been staying – below average except their egg station. However, I was not very satisfied with the cafe staff. Especially on my last day of breakfast, one staff approached me to ask for vouchers when I told her that I have given to her colleague but either she don’t understand me or she don’t believed me! Which I need to raise my voice to point to the staff that I have given the vouchers!

Customer service – Except Ms Cookie who provided the best services, I can’t get this level of service from other staff.

Room – Spacious but curtains/bed sheet/ pillow case were so dirty with lot of stains.

The shuttle bus – We have to get tuk tuk after 15 - 20 mins waiting for the 2.20pm timing but without seeing the shuttle bus on our second day. Thereafter, we never wait for the return shuttle bus to the resort.

Overall – I will not be coming back to this resort if I’m back to Krabi. If you let me choose between Phuket or Krabi - I will said Phuket provide all the best deal.

2  Thank TravelNov14
Vipada, General Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear our beloved guests:

First of all, let us say thank you for your review of our property. And sorry for our services delivered to you made you felt it did not meet your expectation.

To make you feel better of the cases, please give this space for us to explain the things.

1. Your booking request "Double Bed" but you finally got twin bed when you checked in.

Please to be informed that requests of bed is upon room availability. This policy is clearly noted in your agent's reservation system. For our part, we will try our hard to assign superb room to every guests. Should there is request, we will do it the best to satisfy their needs. Since our rooms are limited to only 25 villa and almost full of all time, it's really hard to assign double bedroom to every request. As you wrote email to our sales of double bedroom requested on your first night of stay with us, he responded the mail and explained that room was full but he would tried and said there was POSSIBILITY to change the room every night for double bed, if you really need. This is not sarcasm but he tried to help and show you that it MIGHT be in that case as we were so full. However, when he tried again, he switched your room with other guests who were about to check in the day after that. So you could stay in double bed room for your whole period of stay. Should you see our part, you will see we did care and help. For your saying that "is it common sense that husband and wife sleep together in the same bed?" Yes, it's common sense but we will not know every case that our guests come as friends, brothers, sisters or husband-wife 'till they checked in. Upon checked in, the room was already assigned. To say here, we will try our best to choose the room with bed type our guests request first, if there is a request, but if it has no possibility to do that, we will choose the best room for them or even upgrade to upper room type level if possible.

2. Breakfast does not meet your standard.

Thank you for your remark in this area. We will discuss and came up with more better choices of varieties in buffet line.

3. One staff in the restaurant did not understand what you communicated to them.

Sorry for the situation annoyed you. She is very new staff and need more English communication training session. We will continue to give her more comprehensive training.

4. Customer services do not meet your expectation

As you mentioned that Ms. Cookie provided the best services. We ensure not only Ms. cookie but other staff are ready at all time to deliver the ever best services to you. Should anyone does not serve your needs as you expected, please inform us. We always listen.

5. Curtains/bed sheet/ pillow case were dirty with stains

Thank you for your notice on this. It's in our list of replacement during this low season.

6. You waited for shuttle bus to get back to the resort but found no shuttle bus waited at 2.20 pm.

Our shuttle bus will wait our guests at MaDonald on the way back to resort on schedule given. If you found shuttle bus does not wait at McDonald on schedule, please inform as soon as possible. We will take care of the case.

All in all, please accept our sincerest apology for that we could not deliver the kind of services you have expected. Your review will make us improve and develop to be more world-class and excellent services given to our guests. Only that you will understand our part of working a bit, we are delighted.

Please to be welcomed back. Giving us a second chance. We look forward to your second return.

There are newer reviews for Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi

Reviewed 1 May 2014

WE have been here three days and have three more. Rooms are indeed spacious and bathroom is lovely. Real drawback has been internet. On Day One no problem. Day two things suddenly began moving at a snail's pace. (We need to skype family and so internet is important). Front desk told us this was caused by rain in Krabi, later that the internet was "busy" as the hotel was "fully booked". This did not strike us as plausible or reasonable for a 4.5 star Tripadvisor rated hotel. We have asked to speak to GM and hope the problem will be resolved.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Mike19551955
Vipada, General Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear our beloved guests:

Thank you for choosing us and for your praise on our room and bathroom. Please, at the same time, accept our sincerest apology for very slow wifi in your room. In this case, we did solve it for you for lot of better wifi signal. We hope this will meet your expectation.

Again, thank you from our heart for your trust on us. We do hope we will receive the same kind of trust again in the future. We all look forward to your returns.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Book now! you will not regret it!
The place with the huge cliffs is unreal. It is definitely the best hotel location i have stayed in my life. The rooms are HUGE. The food is fantastic. In general this hotel just became my favourite hotel of all times
The only thing on the negative side is that the waitresses at the restaurant do not speak very well English which caused some confusion, but oh well :)

Dear our valued guests:

We appreciate your review. Thank you for loving us. Thank you for loving our view, location, room and food. For your remark on our waitress's English communication weakness, we are giving her a comprehensive English Communication Skill Training. Sorry for this thing annoyed you as she is very new. We hope she will develop more and more.

Again, thank you for leaving us this piece of review. We wish for an honour to welcome you back here again this soonest.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

The hotel is set in a tropical garden, full of palms, frangipani trees, orchids, hibiscus and bougainvillea. It is set in such a peaceful location. We had hillside view rooms and they are very spacious. Staff are very helpful and friendly, in particular Somsak the Bellboy, who also drives the free shuttle bus to/from the town. Breakfast is very good, buffet style with a good selection of fruit, cereal, hot food, salad, several choices of bread, and juices. The only criticism we have, is that the bed linen wasn't changed at all during our 10 day stay and the towels were very thread bare and often full of holes, not quite what we expected in a hotel of this rating. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay here and the memories of such a tranquil place, will remain with us always.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are apparently, a lot larger than the hillside view rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AndrewU611

Dear our valued guests:

We are glad to note that you have an enjoyable stay and good memories of us have been remained with you. You stay in our heart also. We appreciate your compliment on our location, room, staff and breakfast. We will maintain its excellency in these areas. For your criticism of our bed linen and towel, we will get back to inspect what happened. However, it's almost impossible to remain 10 days of bed linen unchanged. We actually change it every single day. For towel not in good condition, please to be informed that we are replacing those with new ones. Sorry not to put the newest ones in your room. Now, we are clearing those out of our linen stock. Thank you very much for your information.

We thank you for choosing us. You will be sit in our heart too. We look forward to your many returns.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had 10 awesome nights a real chill out, it's so peaceful you can just relax and unwind around the pool and catch the rays with a cocktail in hand, some days it was like we had the hotel to ourselves. It's so peaceful and quiet away from Ao Nang but knowing you were 5mins away on the hourly shuttle provided, from there you can take a long tail boat and go on a day trip and see some of the best beaches in the world also the great restaurants on offer but make sure you check out the Thai restaurant at the end of the Soi the food there is incredible.

We hired a scooter from the hotel for the day which was fun and explored the area further and went round the coast.The hotel itself was very clean the staff were so friendly and very helpful, the rooms are huge and very clean. I couldn't recommend this hotel more highly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Vipada, General Manager at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Dear our beloved guests:

We appreciate your very positive review of our resort. We delight to know that you had a fantastic and enjoyed your everyday stay at our resort. We too feel very honour to serve you as our valued guests.

Thank you for your praise on our staff's services. We already passed this on to our team member. Especially thank you for your recommendation us to others. It's very appreciative.

We look forward to welcoming you back here again this soonest.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is our last destination of our holiday after an earlier stay at Rawi Warin on Koh Lanta which was more than satisfactory. Phu Petra offers a peaceful and tranquil place to unwind, we liked it very much, and got a great bungalow right by the pool - thanks go to our travel planner Miss Jan at andaman adventuures who told us she knew the best units. The resort's pool is its key feature, its large and overlooks the huge limestone mountains - a wonder of nature. The resort is kept very clean, the staff was friendly and the breakfasts all-you-can-eat :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jonathan S

Dear our beloved guests:

We are so delighted we can serve your needs and made your stays at Aonang Phu Petra Resort a satisfactory one. Please come back to us whenever you revisit Krabi.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights with friend. I was stunned by a terrific hillview. The pool spot is eccentric. This is really worth a stay. The room is spacious and overall place is calm and peaceful.The shuttle to Aonang is very convenience. Me and my friend ordered a cocktail called "sawasdee" and it is delicious. Such a sweet moment here in Aonang Phu petra

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank rabbymim

Dear our beloved guests:

We want to personally let you know how gratifying it was to receive your kind note of compliment. For sweet moments you had during your stay at Aonang Phu Petra Resort, we delight.

We look forward to your coming back. Please make your many returns.