We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights as the last part of our holidays. I must say that the person at the reception, her name is Phou, was very nice and friendly. She walked us to our room that we loved in the first place and let us know everything we needed to know. Our problem came just a few minutes after. We sat down outside to smoke a cigarette and started hearing motorbikes and cars passing every minute just beside us, it was pretty disturbing because we chose that hotel to have peace and quiet so the last thing we wanted was that. Anyway, that is not their fault, they can't control the noise from outside, the problem was when we went to the front desk to let them know and to ask for a change of room. They said first they were fully booked and it wasn't possible, of course this wasn't good enough so we asked to speak to the manager. The manager on duty wasn't very helpful at that moment, she couldn't offer any solution, the best she could come up with was changing rooms everyday for the next 5 days or stay in our room until one day before we were supposed to leave. After 10 minutes of very frustrating conversation getting nowhere we told them that we would leave even though our room had been paid in advance and we wouldn't get a refund, we didn't care about the money at that point all we wanted was a quiet place to enjoy our holidays. We left the hotel to go and look for a new one, we went walking all the way to the town, my boyfriend and I where very upset because we truly wanted to stay there but not with that noise. A couple of hours after looking at different places and ready to move to a different hotel and spend extra money we came back to Phu Petra and Phou, the receptionist called us to tell us that it was very important for all of them that we were happy and they didn't want us to leave so they would give us an upgrade the very next morning, after talking to her we feel a bit better and accept the upgrade to the villas beside the swimming pool and that was the end of the problem. This review is not to complain, is just to make the manager aware of a very unpleasant situation that could have been fixed within 5 minutes instead making us go to all the trouble that we have to go through looking for another hotel. The way we were treated when we first raised our complaint at the font desk is not the way you expect in a 4 star hotel.
Apart from that, we really liked the place, the swimming pool views are amazing.
Phou was the person who made our holidays much better, she was very helpful and she always had a big smile for us and we would like to thank her for that and most of the members of the staff were really nice too.
The breakfast was ok and the rooms very big and clean, it is true that there is a bit of smell in the toilet but since we didn't say anything about it to anyone I won't make a big deal of it.
The charging for the linen is a bit shocking when you read about it but I suppose is their policy so that is fine with me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 5 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang