Let me start by saying this place is wonderful, but we did experience one negative. The man who greeted us at the front desk on arrival was really unfriendly. He was just "polite" enough to not come off completely rude. It was as if our presence bothered him greatly & although he was efficient, his customer service skills were non existent. We arrived feeling really happy & excited, & he just completely brought down our moods. He spoke so fast, we ended up referring to him as the "speed head".
Moving on to the positives. The rooms are fantastic & the bathroom is huge. Food was included in our stay so we ate every day at the onsite restaurant. The staff were absolutely brilliant & the food amazing! One waitress though was there serving us at lunch, & was still there at dinner & seemed like she needed a good rest. But she still served us with a smile & was very friendly. We wanted to give her a tip, but thought the other staff may be offended that we didnt do the same for them.
The resort is located up a hill & we walked from the resort to the town each day, its not a long walk, maybe 10mins. We stayed over the Christmas holidays in Dec 2012, much quieter in Aonang than in Phuket. We stayed the first few days in Karon & Patong & it was just crazy, not relaxing at all, so it was really nice to end the trip in Aonang.
We also received vouchers for complementary thai massages. I found it very painful & would never do it again, but my partner loved it. I think my body was a bit weaker & last time I had a massage was about 6 years ago.
Overall, I would recommend this resort to anyone visiting Krabi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang