When we chose the Phu Petra one of our main criteria was peace and quiet and the Phu Petra certainly delivers on that score. We really enjoyed our 10 day stay there. As has been said if you are after a hotel with activities and entertainment this one isn't the one for you. I think the "resort" in the hotel title may be misleading to some who see a resort hotel as a self contained complex offering all sort of activities on site.
Firstly our poolside suite was very spacious and comfortable with everything you would expect. There is a large fridge in the room and bottled water is provided daily.
All the staff were very friendly and extremely helpful at all times and I could not fault them in any way. I was very surprised to read criticism of them in a previous review.
During the day it was great to relax by the pool as it was wonderful and quiet with no problems getting a sunbed but as has been said a few more parasols would be a good idea.
We alternated between eating at the hotel and going into Aonang for the evening, we found the food at Phu Petra to be excellent and not that expensive as you might expect in a hotel. They do a couple of set 3 course menus at 700 Baht for 2 people. The breakfasts were adequate and could do with more variety. The place was kept spotlessly clean and extremely well kept.
There is an hourly taxi service down to the beach which takes about 5 minutes. We walked back on a few occasions and it took about 15-20 minutes to do so. It would be useful if the taxi service back was every hour as well rather than just the 3 times offered. Once you leave the main road there is no lighting for the last quarter mile or so to the hotel so isn't ideal for walking at night. A tuk-tuk back should cost about 50-60 Baht if you haggle.
Having just opened and being subject to continual improvement it is difficult to really assess this hotel. In out 10 day stay there was real evidence of the management listening to suggestions and making improvements on a daily basis. Having stayed in many hotels in my time I can assure you that The Phu Petra Resort is fantastic place to stay, they do all the important things well and make your stay very relaxing and comfortable, with the level of commitment shown by management I am sure this hotel will continue to improve and become even better as a result.
If you want to be pampered and enjoy a truly relaxing stay I would highly recommend the Aonang Phu Petra Resort.
I would like to thank Mr Nattakorn and all his staff for making our stay there so enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel and Agoda so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang