If peace and quiet is what you are looking for then Phu Petra is for you. The main reason that drew me to this resort was it just opened...no need to worry about poorly maintained properties which was usually what you find in this region. Phu Petra being very new was very clean and very nicely done up. I stayed in one of the hillside villas and did not regret not topping up for a poolside villa. The views of the cliffs are amazing especially at night. The resort is very small and so the pool was only a few steps further away. It looks much bigger on their website as the new building was not even being constructed but I think they are starting construction and so the hillside villas might no longer be so quiet and peaceful in a couple of months.
The rooms are huge. The bed is huge and so is the bathroom. You could fit a London ensuite room into their bathroom lolz. Its got a nice bathtub and separate shower area. The deco of the room was modern thai with lots of space for you lounge around in. I spend alot of time on the private patio as the pool was really too hot even with the sun shades. I just walked a few steps to the pool for a dip when it gets too sweaty :) Please wear your shoes or risk burning your feet.
Although it was not located within walking distance to the main beach area, I don't mind as it was really too hot during the day to walk around town. I much prefer to enjoy the resort and go out only in the evening. The resort provides hourly shuttle to the beach which was really useful. Similarly I wish they could provide hourly return shuttle to the hotel. The only time I took a taxi back it costs me only 60bht.
The breakfast provided was adequate. The local dish was the worst ..some dried out fried noodles (yucks) but I like the eggs and bacon station which they prepare for you upon ordering. Use those and make your own bacon and fried eggs sandwich....yummy. Their coffee was very good, really strong and thick.
Overall the resort met my expectations. This is the 3rd time I visited Krabi and Phu Petra has the best rooms but the worst location. If you like convenience, look for a hotel near Ao Nang beach otherwise Phu Petra will do very well for a nice, quiet holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 5 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang