This resort just opened in Dec 2009. So it has been just over a month now since their opening. Resort website said that it is a 4 star resort, but from my point of view, it needs lots of improvement to be a 4 star. Next time I'd rather choose a resort that has enough experience of serving guests and number of reviews.
1. New facilities and spacious room
Everything is clean and new. Rooms are spacious with patio.
2. Friendly and kind staffs
Every single one of the staff is really nice, friendly and willing to help you.
3. Nice scenery
This resort is located in front of hills and lush greenery, busting quite a nice view and scenery.
1. Literally no soundproof in your room
I could even hear the person next door's counterpart talking over the phone. Also outdoor air conditioning unit's noise wasn't filtered at all and I couldn't sleep.
2. Too isolated
It is in Ao Nang beach area, but to the main street where most restaurants, cafes and other amenities are concentrated, you can't walk. Either take the resort shuttle bus that runs every one hour or rent your own vehicle.
3. Small sized swimming pool
Compared to other resorts that I have been to in Thailand, swimming pool was quite small. Also they might run short of sun bed when the rooms are fully booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang