As a frequent phuket traveller, who will always extend my stay to Krabi or any other neighbouring states/beaches around....this is my second visit to Krabi Aonang in explore of new boutique hotels. Yes, I love boutique hotel where it has the uniqueness and comfortability in hosting international customers without prejudices.
Aonang Phu Petra Resort is a lovely hotel with great hospitality in customer service, free wifi, internet counter (though the band width is rather slow), marvellous cliff view from the swimming pool and ultimate peace away from the main shopping street. I stayed for 2D1N and had an enjoyable half day 4 islands trip with my partner the next morning at a very reasonable price. The management was very kind to extend our room without extra charge til we're back for a quick shower, where we had to make our way to Phuket immediately at 4pm. Special thanks to Nat.
The other pro is the spacious bathroom and room which I've never came across, which is very unique and nice. The hotel looks splendid at night as the architecture lights up adjacent of the cliff around it. Overall it's worth a visit, however it is best that you've your own transport (we rented a car), as the hotel is rather deep in and not advisable to walk out.
To me, the only major cons of the hotel is the large numbers of mosquitoes everywhere in the room, hotel lobby, swimming pool and internet counter, which even the management whom I've spoken t0 agree that they've problems getting rid of. As I've building & real estate management background, I suggested to place some essential oil around the hotel which are natural repellent to mosquitoes and insect, as well as regular fogging by pest control. However, these may increase the management fee for the hotel, yet some control has to be done to prevent the high volume of mosquito. I wouldn't wish to go back again with memory stings from the mosquitoes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang