“Nice hotel with great views”

Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi
Ranked #3 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Singapore
“Nice hotel with great views”
Reviewed 24 July 2010

As a frequent phuket traveller, who will always extend my stay to Krabi or any other neighbouring states/beaches around....this is my second visit to Krabi Aonang in explore of new boutique hotels. Yes, I love boutique hotel where it has the uniqueness and comfortability in hosting international customers without prejudices.

Aonang Phu Petra Resort is a lovely hotel with great hospitality in customer service, free wifi, internet counter (though the band width is rather slow), marvellous cliff view from the swimming pool and ultimate peace away from the main shopping street. I stayed for 2D1N and had an enjoyable half day 4 islands trip with my partner the next morning at a very reasonable price. The management was very kind to extend our room without extra charge til we're back for a quick shower, where we had to make our way to Phuket immediately at 4pm. Special thanks to Nat.

The other pro is the spacious bathroom and room which I've never came across, which is very unique and nice. The hotel looks splendid at night as the architecture lights up adjacent of the cliff around it. Overall it's worth a visit, however it is best that you've your own transport (we rented a car), as the hotel is rather deep in and not advisable to walk out.

To me, the only major cons of the hotel is the large numbers of mosquitoes everywhere in the room, hotel lobby, swimming pool and internet counter, which even the management whom I've spoken t0 agree that they've problems getting rid of. As I've building & real estate management background, I suggested to place some essential oil around the hotel which are natural repellent to mosquitoes and insect, as well as regular fogging by pest control. However, these may increase the management fee for the hotel, yet some control has to be done to prevent the high volume of mosquito. I wouldn't wish to go back again with memory stings from the mosquitoes.

1 Thank rhunt1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I have booked this resort long long time since January 2010. First step to this resort, found that I chose the right one. Everything is perfect especially their services and the villa, it was beautiful, furnished in a boutique designed style, as well as comfortable. The pool is quite small but it is ok for us. No peolple crowded. It was because very low season. HaHa. I am falling in love with them. Will visit all of them for sure.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I booked this resort through airasiago.com and got very exclusive rate. Very low prices but highest service quality of the resort. The food was very delicious but a bit expensive. It was not the big deal coz 20% discount was given to us… Very awesome!
The room was very clean and unique designed, high ceiling, nice bathroom and spacious bedroom.
Location is not the problem; this resort is quite far from noisy but easy to get through. Shuttle service was provided hourly. No charged for that. How nice service they are!! Wifi is free and speedy…

The best hospitality is found at this resort. The best, Awesome can be defined for them.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
German
Reviewed 21 June 2010

My Wife, I stayed for 3 nights for celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary. A reservation was done directly with the hotel via email. Very prompt and efficient in their replies.

Mostly we spend our time at resort. We were treated as a king and queen. All staff is cozy, lovely, and extremely helpful with big smiles. Because of wedding anniversary, hand made card was created by them and put on our bed upon arrival date.

Bedroom, Bathroom and Balcony were very well equipped. Very Clean, Speedy of room make up.

The swimming pool was an outdoor which is nearby outdoor of massage area. It was great, never too crowded. The resort would arrange for Thai massage approx 500 baht/hour. Breakfast was served each day from 07:00 to 10.30 and no wide variety of food. Maybe just only our couple at resort in very low season…

The location is key point. Love this place because of peachful.. I heard sound of birds, gibbon in the midst of panoramic mountain in every morning. That made me feel fresh and relaxation.

During our stay we experienced professional and prompt services

Highly recommend if you want a quiet resort location.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GermanPeter
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I selected this resort because of location, new brand. I and my husband had only 2 nights, but had a great time every minute here. Surprising me!! The staff were friendly and helpful. No matter whenever I saw them, they always smile all times.
There is free wifi thoughout resort. It is easy to get through by chatting how great vacation in Krabi. Breakfast is ok. Normal food and luxury decoration of dishes. The service was excellent. English was not an issue at all.
Aonang Phu Petra is awesome, spacious room, private and relaxing at swimming pool with the panoramic mountain.

The resort is remote from messy areas. We rented motorcycle which was very easy for us to go around aonang beach. That's not our problems at all.

The food and beverage is quite expensive but they gave us 20% discount automatically.

Only one disappointment is, there is no fitness centre at this resort.

However, recommend this resort to everyone who need real relaxation....

1 Thank jennieclub1
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I stayed there for 7 nights. The best hotel Location was great for us, might not suit others. It’s nice being away from all the hustle and bustle. It’s a bit of a walk to the main road. Shuttle was provided to beach hourly. Only 3 minutes to reach the beach. That’s great and easy to get through. I was really impressed with the hotel's staff - they were extremely helpful & friendly...All understand English very well. Because of long stay guests, manager offered 2 glasses of cocktail and 2 a la carte dishes for us. That was awesome!! I never expected them to treat us the best but they did. Room is spacious and well equipped. There are a few TV channels but enough for me. Toilet is clean and comes with nice smelling towels.The breakfast was amazing but the food should have more various items.

Would recommend this hotel to all kinds of travelers! I will stay here again for my next trip to Krabi.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 2 June 2010

First time travellers to Krabi Thailand. I found this resort through facebook. Everthing looks great at the first sight. After that we tried to book room by chatting via facebook. I can say that this resort is the one that I am looking for.

All staff always smile. They were always polite and nice and willing to help. They never made you feel as if they were doing you a favor. They made it seem like it was their job. And that is what I call excellent service. They treated us as King and Queen there.

The breakfast was served at our room in the morning because we are only ony honeymooner at that time, they said.

The room was nice, clean and modern with colorful and all toiletries and towels were replaced daily. The food is yummy every time and reasonable prices.

The location is secluded and quiet. I love it but there is no light at night time. It made me so scared of walking in the dark to the resort. Tuk Tuk charges at 50 baht/person. It is not too expensive to come back to resort. The resort provides free shuttle to aonang beach hourly but only 4 times to pick up back to resort. They should expand timetable.

THAT'S EXCELLENT HONEYMOON. I RECOMMEND THIS RESORT IS THE BEST FOR HONEYMOON...

2 Thank Negaleta