“Fantastic, if you can accept being 10 minutes from beach and bars”

Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi
Ranked #3 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Vasteras
“Fantastic, if you can accept being 10 minutes from beach and bars”
Reviewed 29 December 2010

One of the most beatiful hotel rooms we have stayed in, regardless of country.
Ample space, 72 m2, 5m to ceiling, dual AC, dual showers and a tub.
The view is not water but a vertical multicolored high cliff wall.
The bungalows match the central building, nice architecture!
Nice little pool, nice green areas.
The restaurant was great. Breakfast with milk, cereal, ham, eggs, omelet made to choice, bread, coffea, jam, cheese.
Lunch/dinner with a wide selection of Thai dishes but also Western food like pizza, steaks and pasta. Pizzas recommended, spagetti Bolognese terrible.
Staff was very nice and helpful.

This is a hotel for people that like peace and quiet at night. There is no nightlife at all at the hotel. All action takes place down in Aonang, free shuttle every hour, otherwise 10 minutes by taxi.
Large flatscreen TV, a few English channels and a hundred or so Asian.

The hotel is not cheap but still about half price compared to Europe.
If we have a chance to spend another week at Phu Patra, we will do so.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Leena-Per

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I stayed 3 nights in Phu Petra. Was upgraded from a hillside to poolside villa. Service was excellent as expected for a boutique hotel of this standard with around 32 rooms.

Great things about this hotel:
They've very good bed and I'm very picky with beds. I've a good night sleep throughout my stay in Phu Petra. The whole hotel was very clean including the room. Staff offered me DVDs and I took up their offer. They even helped me to hookup a DVD player in my room.

I booked a taxi to the airport from one of the agents along Ao Nang beach. Taxi arrived 45 mins late. I got one of the staff to assist me in calling the company to check on the status. Staff was willing and keep apologizing even though its not his fault since I didnt went through their travel desk.

Hotel staff were very helpful. The place was very quiet and staff were helpful.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
england
Reviewed 1 December 2010

The best thing about Phu Petra is the staff - they are friendly yet proffessioinal and sincere. Nothing was too much trouble - even did the toast at breakfast !!
The hotels location is fabulous with stunning views of the cliffs and just 5 mins free shuttle bus to the centre of Ao Nang - 50 to 100 Bahts return in tuk tuk.
Rooms are huge with loads of storage space and very luxurious as are the equally huge bathrooms and balcony. Pool area great with plenty of loungers and attentive staff to help with towels and parasols. Restaurant / bar was very reasonably priced for a hotel of this standard so we visited many times for meals or just drinks.
Whole 8 days were fabulous thanks to the standard of accommodation and especially the customer service. Already planning to re-visit in Feb 2011 !!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Numptyy
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 28 November 2010

really love this place to bits. the room was huge (my new found frens who came over for a chitchat was amazed to see us having such a beautiful room) and with a HUGE bathroom + bathtub. :) customer service was superb, the place was slightly off the main road, but thats what we need, a break from the noisy and bustling citylife.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosebutt
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I was there to celebrate anniversary with my gf. Before the trip, I sent a couple of emails to the resort for enquiries and all were replied very promptly. The 1st impression was great. All were as promised. The staff were great, always saying hello and very helpful.

The room was fabulous! It was spotlessly clean and well maintained. We stayed in one of the villas with mountain view and it was just perfect for privacy and relaxation.

Overall, we highly recommend this resort, especially for honeymooners or those who want a quiet, tranquil and luxurious place that is affordable and is away from the hustle and bustle of the rowdy areas.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Malaysia
Reviewed 23 October 2010

Me and my gf just got back from Krabi this October. We stay in this Beautiful hotel from 10 until 13.10.2010. The only words i wanted to decribe about this hotel is super SATISFIED!

This is a secret & suprise trip arrange by my girlfriend to celebrate for our 5th anniversary of our love journey(i do not know where we are going until i reach the airport@very surprise!). This is the 1st time we visit Krabi,this hotel help my girlfriend to arrange everything & its all perfectly arrange.And the price they charge are very very worth it!

Let me share something about why we love this hotel so much! The hotel is located nearby to Auonang beach and there is alot of nice affordable restaurant around it.It will be very convinient if u rent abike to go around(only cost u THB 200 perday). The hotel is just in front of a beautiful mountain, apart from the busy side of Auonang beach but yet near enough to get there.They provide 24 hr free internet usage at the lobby!

The challet is very new & i rate 5 star for its cleanness! Its very spacious & has everything we needed. Everything in the room is working fine & the supersize bathtub was amazing! It has a very natural tropical environtment but we encounter totally no problems with bugs! One very important things is we feel very safe while staying with them.I had never leave my belonging when we goes out in any other hotel before except for this hotel.The bed was so clean & comfortable!

The service provided by the staff here was Superb and totally better than what we receive in some 5 star hotel we stayed before.All of them can speak in English & they respond very fast when we need something.Thier manager Mr.Nat personally gives us a warm welcome, thier assistant manager Mr.Justin help us to arrange other things perfectly.Not to forget all the other friendly staff especially the staff from thier restaurant!

The island hoping tour provided by them was also very good.The charges is same like others offering but seems everything better.We were on a very new speed boat,Free flows drinks for whole tour,nice lunch & experience tour guide!

They also perfect gives me a secret surprise birthday dinner in thier restaurant .It was very well plan and thier food is excellent! They even give me a few surprise planning & bday gift(without knowledge of my girlfriend).

This is a hotel which gives me a feeling of a warm home stay.....I will definitely stay here again & many thanks again to all the Auonang Phhu Petra staff !!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jesphannie
GDANSK POLEN
Reviewed 18 October 2010

When we arrived to Krabi airport after long long flight via Moscow we couldn't know that we are in paradise. We took taxi to Phu Petra. When we arrived to the hotel we knew that we are in a right place. Hotel stuff as always charming in Thailand. The boy show us our small villa hill side. The room was clean well prepared. Looks like in picture on website. Food was variable. Taste good like an American breakfast :). In spite the hotel is not located close to the see and beech there was no problem to get to the center. Every hour there is a free shuttle bus from hotel to center. Even if you stay long time eg. at party in center you co always return to hotel by TUC-TUC believe me amazing experience ... Krabi is well located near amazing small Thi-island from center you can buy speed boat trip to Koh Phi Phi - woow I've never seen the place like this. Phu Petra is optimal accommodation for young family with children. Hotel is peaceful and quiet. Nice place to stay for diving. Krabi is not so popular that's why traveling there you don't have to worry you will spend summer holiday with half of Europe like in Maiorca eg.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple