We booked our room (half of a small house) about two weeks before our arrival with an online travel agency and still got very reasonable prices (less than 100€ per night, incl. breakfast).
Once arrived at Krabi airport the hotel staff already awaited us with a shuttle (600 bath, which was just slightly above normal taxi tarifs). When entering the resort the entire staff was extremely friendly (and the hotel manager spoke good English).
The rooms were really big - we had two beds where one was king-size single and one double in one room - and the bathroom also really big and beautiful.
When seeing the gardens and the mountain in the morning we were really stunned!! A most beautiful and quiet garden area around the ~15 small houses, where every plant has a name sign and the wonderful pool with sufficient space and also beautiful ambience. And behind the area the jungle mountain cliff rises majestically and in the morning you can even hear some apes cry...
The service was perfect - from the management to the pool ladies and restaurant everyone was extremely friendly and smiley - you could see that the work conditions in this resort are alright!
Even for organizing trips or travel the counter helped us to arrange everything on short term - much more secure and less stressy than booking with those guys in downtown ao nang who want to sell their trips by all means...
Overall this week was the most relaxing part of our travel and the Phu Petra resort was the perfect place to stay!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Krabi, Aonang Phu Petra Resort is set amidst mountains in stunning natural surroundings. The resort features spacious villas and suites located by the swimming pool or hill. Guests can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the resort. Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi, offers beach and airport transfers. Krabi Airport is a 30-minute drive away while Aonang Beach is 10 minutes away by car. Modern rooms feature classic dark wood furnishings and spacious balconies. Each has a cable/satellite TV, DVD player and coffee-making facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and a hairdryer are provided. Massage services are offered at the resort and a library corner allows for quiet reading. Other facilities include a tour desk and children*s playground. Motorbikes can be rented for convenience. Sila Petra Restaurant serves local and international dishes. Enjoy mountain and pool views while sipping cocktails at Phu Anda Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Phu Petra Resort, Krabi Ao Nang