See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Chosed it for the price and for being downtown. But did not like it at all.
Just one example: we had a "fan room"(no airconditioned): the airconditioned was there in the room, but it was broken. Rather than repair it they gave us a lower price for the room. Ha ha.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Wrong choice of hotel. I have been dragged there by my boyfriend's mates. After we were in another lovely first class hotel in this area I really can't figure out how we arrived here. The location is nice since it is downtown aonang, and this along with its relatively cheap rate (ao nang is quite expensive everywhere) is the only reason why we came here, but the hotel is very poorly managed, or rather not managed at all, the rooms are dirty and the building runned down. It seems that since they built it they never repaired anything. The owner, a thai lady, owns other 4 hotels and apparently the only thing she worries is to collect room rent and save it. No customer care and no concern about any complaint. They have no idea of hotel business and their only luck is that they are in a beautifull place which will always attract people. The only good thing about it is that we will soon leave to go back to phuket.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I booked a room for 400 baht when I first arrived and was shown to a cell like room with no windows on the ground floor. I asked to see another room upstairs and was shown to a room on the top floor with a balcony and view overlooking the islands, for 600 baht. I thought i was also getting aircon but that didn't work. The room did have hot water though. I went to ask about the aircon and was told that Aircon in that room didn't work and was shown a room on the second floor similar to the other room, but was told aircon was an extra 100 baht. I had been traveling all day, was really hot and sweaty and just wanted a room so I took this one.
After all that, the bed was surprisingly very comfortable, the room was clean, the bathroom nice and the shower pressure good. No hot water for the shower though-seems you can't have aircon AND hot water. I didn't mind as i didn't need the hot shower, cold was fine. It's situated in the main area of Ao Nang, great location, but the room was quiet at night. I'm glad I got the aircon room because I needed to close the balcony doors T night due to the mozzies. All in all very adequate, but I agree with other comments that no free wi-fi is a real minus. Everywhere else offers free wi-fi. PK charged 100 baht for 24 hr connection. I didnt pay that, just went and sat in a bar and got the wi-fi for free.
With all the new development going on in Ao Nang I think I would try elsewhere next time. PK had nice big rooms with comfy bed, but they really have to lift their game to keep up with other places that offer more for similar price.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I used to stay in this place with my family for over 6 months. The room is so dirty, nasty smell, bad services and too expensive. You guys always take advantages of customers as much as you can via up higher rate but low quality, never improve room - especially very old air condition that may cause get sick and the most badly is keep trying to over charge money whenever you left or cancelled contract by charging many things about damage on wall, floor or any stupid things. You saw a lot of damages on wall or floor since moved in.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank notemd
Reviewed 17 June 2010

The rooms were large with a nice bathroom and hot shower!

There was a fridge which was handy for keeping water cool however intially we thought we were paying 300 baht for an air con room which would have been a very good deal in low season however when we got in the room they had taken the control away for the air con, we agreed to pay an extra 50baht per night for the air con but it did not work very well and in the end we settled for the fan!

the room was cleaned/ bed made every day with clean towels, there was a little balcony with a place for drying clothes which is really useful when backpacking. Obviously the staff do have access to your room to clean so be sure to lock belongings away!

The only draw back for us was that there was no wifi (and when I went to use the internet on the pc it did not work) and the place next door has free wifi to guests!
Also we went to have breakfast there one day and they did not have coffee/ orange juice despite it was partof the breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple