See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My friend recommend PK mansion for my trip in Ao nang and I had the clean,new,sea view nice room for 3 days.The owners are friendly ,good advice for day trips and really helpful. The maid make up bed and cleaning every day so it's perfect for me. Location is great ,just 3 minute to the beach ,pier , mini mart and walking street.
Only few things I had discovered like hot water shower temperature was always to hot and could not adjust well, The TV signal might not work sometimes. well for the elder or small kids may not like to walk up to 4th floor without elevator.
Wifi is not free,I paid 50thb/day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I have been staying at P K Mansion the 4 last times when visiting Thailand. The first time, 2008, I was staying on my own and the other times with friends and family. The rooms are good and are cleaned every day, the management and staff is kind and helpful and anything can be arranged, for instance tickets, booking trips or trips in their own car.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Chosed it for the price and for being downtown. But did not like it at all.
Just one example: we had a "fan room"(no airconditioned): the airconditioned was there in the room, but it was broken. Rather than repair it they gave us a lower price for the room. Ha ha.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Wrong choice of hotel. I have been dragged there by my boyfriend's mates. After we were in another lovely first class hotel in this area I really can't figure out how we arrived here. The location is nice since it is downtown aonang, and this along with its relatively cheap rate (ao nang is quite expensive everywhere) is the only reason why we came here, but the hotel is very poorly managed, or rather not managed at all, the rooms are dirty and the building runned down. It seems that since they built it they never repaired anything. The owner, a thai lady, owns other 4 hotels and apparently the only thing she worries is to collect room rent and save it. No customer care and no concern about any complaint. They have no idea of hotel business and their only luck is that they are in a beautifull place which will always attract people. The only good thing about it is that we will soon leave to go back to phuket.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2010

I booked a room for 400 baht when I first arrived and was shown to a cell like room with no windows on the ground floor. I asked to see another room upstairs and was shown to a room on the top floor with a balcony and view overlooking the islands, for 600 baht. I thought i was also getting aircon but that didn't work. The room did have hot water though. I went to ask about the aircon and was told that Aircon in that room didn't work and was shown a room on the second floor similar to the other room, but was told aircon was an extra 100 baht. I had been traveling all day, was really hot and sweaty and just wanted a room so I took this one.
After all that, the bed was surprisingly very comfortable, the room was clean, the bathroom nice and the shower pressure good. No hot water for the shower though-seems you can't have aircon AND hot water. I didn't mind as i didn't need the hot shower, cold was fine. It's situated in the main area of Ao Nang, great location, but the room was quiet at night. I'm glad I got the aircon room because I needed to close the balcony doors T night due to the mozzies. All in all very adequate, but I agree with other comments that no free wi-fi is a real minus. Everywhere else offers free wi-fi. PK charged 100 baht for 24 hr connection. I didnt pay that, just went and sat in a bar and got the wi-fi for free.
With all the new development going on in Ao Nang I think I would try elsewhere next time. PK had nice big rooms with comfy bed, but they really have to lift their game to keep up with other places that offer more for similar price.

• Stayed: November 2010