“no comfort and no beauty”
Review of PK Mansion

PK Mansion
Ranked #77 of 123 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
“no comfort and no beauty”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We were riding to Krabi Bike week and I stayed at Top View "new building" from Saturday to Sunday, November 10-11, booked by a friend.
Top View its a very overpriced place, 1000 thb / night, nothing included!
no registration, no proper receipts, (they do take credit card and charge 3 %)
no hand towels, (just one large brown towel), no shampoo, no minibar, no room safe, no breakfast, low quality beds, plastic garden chairs in the room, very loud a/c, old guest poo in the toilet, shower that are freezing or burning and a strong smell of mold. 1 bath / minute for internet.
All together, a very very poor place, should not be over 4-500 thb.

Room Tip: downt book here!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel is called TOP VIEW and I believe they have another building across the path. I have stayed here for 5 nights and quite enjoy the location close to the beach. My room is clean, quiet and modern. The showers are only cool water, but it's so hot here that it's not a problem. My WIFI in my room doesn't work well, but I got by. The view from my balcony is all lush trees and I feel like I'm in a secluded space. Staff are helpful and you can book trips from here as well. The price is 500 Baht right now. Big Queen size bed with no holes in the bedding which is unusual for this price in Thailand and a fridge. The beds also look new. I would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the trees.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights - pk is located 2 minutes to the ao nang beach. There was free wifi that worked well in the rooms (we stayed on the third floor), rooms have a balcony, the staff speak fluent English and are very accommodating and friendly. The downsides were that inside of the room, there were little ants crawling everywhere; bathroom drain looks very moldy. Other than that this place would be the perfect budget accommodation!

• Stayed June 2012
Cabarete, Caribbean
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I stayed in one of the newly built rooms. Judging by the dust on any of the flat surfaces, the bathroom mirror and the bathroom floor room it had not rely been cleaned before I moved in. I asked for a towel and cleaned it myself. The room was spacious, with a bit of a view into the local hills behind AoNang, loved that part.
I was supposed to pay extra (50 Bat)/ day for the internet, but I negotiated for it be included in my room price. Unfortunately the room I got did not get enough of a signal to use the internet. I sat out in the staircase to log on... After a few days the internet stopped to work altogether, regardless of the location. ( You also needed to get a log in ticket for every day, since the code changed every 24 hours. An other hassle, especially since routers needed to be reset every day, sometimes more than once...)
On day 3 or 4 the power went out in my room and I had to move to a different room, fortunately on the same floor.
What finely got me a bit disgruntled, was that after a day that I was out on a tour my room was not made up.

I confronted the management, and told them clearly, that I with the list of things that did not work and their inability to address/ solve the issues, I was not willing to pay the agreed price anymore and I would check out the next day.

I moved in next door, simpler, but less expensive room, good service and the internet works, no extra charge...

Room Tip: Check out the room before you move in. If your not satisfied relate issues to the staff quickly, to...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Qrendi, Malta
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel is one of the best I have been in during my stay in Thailand. Clean rooms and up to standard, nice views, friendly staff, great location and good value for money. There is an irish pub next to it which is a plus and a seven eleven just across the road. The beach is only a five minute walk. The daughter's owner knew very good english so she was able to organise a particular trip for us. All in all excellent

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beatlemania216
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed here with my friend for 2 nights in January 2012.
We paid 900B per night for the fan room, the fan in the room would not blow a candle out it was that weak, infact it was cooler on the balcony than in the room but we could not sit on the balcony due to all the building work going on out side!!!!

The lighting in the room was terrible, the main room light was positioned in the very corner of the room and not in the middle (I think they must have run out of wire)!!!!!

To cap it off when we checked out and went to have some breakfast the owner came marching over to us and asked where we were going next and who did we book our boat tickets from, when we told her we booked the boat from somebody else and not her she then totally blanked us even when we asked for some breakfast!!!!!!!!

So, I will not be recommending this hotel to anybody!!!!!!!

P.s the smell from the drains in the bathroom was unbearable to say the least!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012

Travellers are raving about these Ao Nang hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Good value for your money.....you can also book tours at the reception...excellent location

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
#92 of 139 in Ao Nang
J. Mansion
J. Mansion
#63 of 303 in Krabi Town

Been to PK Mansion? Share your experiences!