See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I had unfortunately book by mistake after i did searched on Agoda website; I founded this hotel offer cheap room price (850 THB but after plus agoda service charge its equal 1000 THb per night). I booked 2 night for my KBV stayed. The location is good; can walk only 3 minutes too Ao nang beach and that is the only 1 advantage side!! Lets come too disadvantage one;

First thing; The old ladies who wore glasses (they have 2 old ladies; the one who NO glasses is the owner who seems friendliness to all guets ;while the other that wore glasses girl is so bad manner!!) I had checked in at there hotel counter reception. the wore glasses girl asked me with rude conversation "how many people you check in?" ; i said "only me".
She suddenly offer me the small room one though she have bigger one avilable!!
and when i received room key from her; there no help for bag carried;

i unlocked the room and turn on AC which it should not called workable!! there are no cool breeze come out from the machine at all!! ; only the slightly wind with the heat temperature from Ao nang stronger sun outside surrounded me in the room!! I try adjusted AC remote for 10-15 min; and i gave up. I went down to her again asking for room changing ; she again stared and gave me an anoyyed look; then she called the other guy with from the looked i can judge he is machanic men for hotel; they gave me a bad reason that i should be wait for half an hour for room colling since this KBV summer season and the stronger sun outside made AC not work out properly!!!

Luckily; the owner old friendly woman who wear no glasses on came in; she gave me changing a new bigger room keys; and this room AC is workable fine!!

Secondly disadvantage thing; These hotel though charge me 2000 THB / per 2 nights; there are no free water drinking bottle in the fridge!!! you have to buy them at there counter downstair!!

The rest disadvantage thing are; Toilet bowl in WC so disgustingl there have left the pre-visitor yellow stained on it; There everywhere in the room broken (closet handle broken; WC tapped broken ; Electric light on wall not conceal smoothly; shower is rusty , stained on WC floor and fridge door; No glasses for drink or tooth brush in room ; Ceiling fan so curtain row so filthy l ants and mosquitoes enter by wall breaking cover; filthy lamp; NO free Internet Wifi
My suggestion; Stay away from this hotel. there are good hotel with these price around area which better than them 1000 times!!! likewise J hotel

Timmy

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Hi guys , I'm Umby from Italy....
I love Thailand and I love Ao Nang..!! In Ao Nang I found a family managed budget hotel I want to suggest you. It's "PK Mansion". This hotel is set in the main road , near restaurants, shops, night venues and near the sea as well but it's very quite because it's built on a hill so you don't get hasseled from hustle and bustle ..!! The rooms are simple but spacious, fully equipped with A/C, TV set, fridge, balcony, hot and cold water...The two ladies who run the hotel are very nice and always willing to help you with information and reservation. I've been here many times and I always had very good time. Price ranges from 1200 thb in high season to 900 thb in low season. If you are not looking for luxury but you need a cheap, clean and confortable hotel...well ...this is the right place..!! I strongly recommend it ...and I will go back again..!!... bye bye everybody (ciao a tutti..!!).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We stayed in the new building!
- clean room and nice bathroom with warm shower
- beds are ok
- surprisingly silent air con
- safety deposit box near the reception
- small balcony (not to the street)
- we could choose between the old and the new part of the hotel. And the old part was very "smelly" (foul-smelling).

- the beach is quit near, about 500m
- the breakfast in the hotel is not included, but they have a nice and cheap menu
- the hotel owner was very nice, obliging and extremly helpful (he got us substantial discounts on various tour which wasn't his own tours), he even drove us to the airport
- the hotel owner has his own "company" for tours around aonang
- free wifi near the reception and partly in the rooms

- stayed there in the end of low season, 3-Bed-Room, ~800 Baht/Night without breakfast

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Room Tip: stay in the new building!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

The owners are average and not friendly .. Went on the cheap side and got this place fr 25$ and should of kept looking. The room was downstairs next to the lobby and was very loud in the morning when they were opening the doors and such. Not a good sleep , beds were very uncomfortable. The room was so so smelly it was disgusting. Lots of Mosquitos in the room as well as there was a hole in the bathroom ceiling. Whih was also super gross. May as well find another place for 100 baht more .

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Merpcicl
Reviewed 16 December 2012

We did not like the stay there.
+ The biggest advantage is localization near Aon Nang beach. 2 min to the beach and taxi boats to other places.The staff were friendly and helpful.
- But the worst was bathroom with a foul smell, and lot of pharaoh's ants, dirty fan, old furniture, the room was ugly.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends