“Nice place ”

Ranked #76 of 123 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice place ”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in pk mansion. The hotel is nice and clean, don't expect nothing too fancy tough. We had a room with sea view. The place is 15 km from the tigre cave, costs are approximately 800 baht by cab (the owner of the hotel can take you). Overall a nice place.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Petah Tiqwa, Israel
Reviewed 1 October 2013

When you go up the road to the P.K. Mansion they have 3 buildings: 2 on the left side, where the reception is and 1 on the right side (white color). This review is about the right side one.

The room looks good in overall and the view is nice. The furniture is new and it's very clean. Room design is also nice and the reception staff is nice too.
The bathroom small window didn't close entirely so I had to work a bit to close it; but he scariest appeared to be the entrance door, which had a lousy locker chain from the inside. We woke up in the middle of the night an the door was open, held only by that chain. One could easily insert his hand and open that chain - we tried afterwards and succeeded. Luckily no one entered and no belongings disappeared. I don't know about the robberies in Ao Nang, but next hotels I went to there were with a good chain and safety box.

Room Tip: Get a room with good locker from inside and a safety box.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Ao Nang hotels

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Granted we got the cheapest option for 3 of us girls, but one of the worst places I've stayed in... Ever. The room smelled like mold, we had to get drunk so we could try to fall asleep as fast as possible. Bugs everywhere, and I don't mean the normal Thailand, bug here bug there thing. This room was terrible. We all felt dirtier after showering there. Don't do it, or upgrade. Not a good option for budget travelers.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank AlixandraL
South Padre Island, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stayed in PK for two weeks and never had a problem. It is indeed a cheap place to stay and the owner/staff are Thai who are not "the best" in English but very helpful.

I see all of these other people complaining about PK Mansion and I am sick of hearing it. Here is the bottom line people: You are in paradise, why do you care so much about staying in your hotel all day?

Just go for it, seaside view, it is an alright place!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank MrHomeless
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I had unfortunately book by mistake after i did searched on Agoda website; I founded this hotel offer cheap room price (850 THB but after plus agoda service charge its equal 1000 THb per night). I booked 2 night for my KBV stayed. The location is good; can walk only 3 minutes too Ao nang beach and that is the only 1 advantage side!! Lets come too disadvantage one;

First thing; The old ladies who wore glasses (they have 2 old ladies; the one who NO glasses is the owner who seems friendliness to all guets ;while the other that wore glasses girl is so bad manner!!) I had checked in at there hotel counter reception. the wore glasses girl asked me with rude conversation "how many people you check in?" ; i said "only me".
She suddenly offer me the small room one though she have bigger one avilable!!
and when i received room key from her; there no help for bag carried;

i unlocked the room and turn on AC which it should not called workable!! there are no cool breeze come out from the machine at all!! ; only the slightly wind with the heat temperature from Ao nang stronger sun outside surrounded me in the room!! I try adjusted AC remote for 10-15 min; and i gave up. I went down to her again asking for room changing ; she again stared and gave me an anoyyed look; then she called the other guy with from the looked i can judge he is machanic men for hotel; they gave me a bad reason that i should be wait for half an hour for room colling since this KBV summer season and the stronger sun outside made AC not work out properly!!!

Luckily; the owner old friendly woman who wear no glasses on came in; she gave me changing a new bigger room keys; and this room AC is workable fine!!

Secondly disadvantage thing; These hotel though charge me 2000 THB / per 2 nights; there are no free water drinking bottle in the fridge!!! you have to buy them at there counter downstair!!

The rest disadvantage thing are; Toilet bowl in WC so disgustingl there have left the pre-visitor yellow stained on it; There everywhere in the room broken (closet handle broken; WC tapped broken ; Electric light on wall not conceal smoothly; shower is rusty , stained on WC floor and fridge door; No glasses for drink or tooth brush in room ; Ceiling fan so curtain row so filthy l ants and mosquitoes enter by wall breaking cover; filthy lamp; NO free Internet Wifi
My suggestion; Stay away from this hotel. there are good hotel with these price around area which better than them 1000 times!!! likewise J hotel

Timmy

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Reggio Emilia
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Hi guys , I'm Umby from Italy....
I love Thailand and I love Ao Nang..!! In Ao Nang I found a family managed budget hotel I want to suggest you. It's "PK Mansion". This hotel is set in the main road , near restaurants, shops, night venues and near the sea as well but it's very quite because it's built on a hill so you don't get hasseled from hustle and bustle ..!! The rooms are simple but spacious, fully equipped with A/C, TV set, fridge, balcony, hot and cold water...The two ladies who run the hotel are very nice and always willing to help you with information and reservation. I've been here many times and I always had very good time. Price ranges from 1200 thb in high season to 900 thb in low season. If you are not looking for luxury but you need a cheap, clean and confortable hotel...well ...this is the right place..!! I strongly recommend it ...and I will go back again..!!... bye bye everybody (ciao a tutti..!!).

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Luneburg, Germany
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We stayed in the new building!
- clean room and nice bathroom with warm shower
- beds are ok
- surprisingly silent air con
- safety deposit box near the reception
- small balcony (not to the street)
- we could choose between the old and the new part of the hotel. And the old part was very "smelly" (foul-smelling).

- the beach is quit near, about 500m
- the breakfast in the hotel is not included, but they have a nice and cheap menu
- the hotel owner was very nice, obliging and extremly helpful (he got us substantial discounts on various tour which wasn't his own tours), he even drove us to the airport
- the hotel owner has his own "company" for tours around aonang
- free wifi near the reception and partly in the rooms

- stayed there in the end of low season, 3-Bed-Room, ~800 Baht/Night without breakfast

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Room Tip: stay in the new building!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
#126 of 182 in Krabi Town
Aonang Easy Room
Aonang Easy Room
#93 of 142 in Ao Nang

Been to PK Mansion? Share your experiences!