“Magnificent views, beautiful Thai dishes, most attentive staff”
Review of Lae Lay Grill

Lae Lay Grill
Ranked #22 of 292 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My partner and I were recommended to come to Lae Lay Grill by one of the duty managers at Beyond Resort when he found out we were heading over to Ao Nang last night. We arrived there after the sun had set and had an amazing dish of soft shell crab, crab meat omelette ( which reminded me of my mum's traditional chinese cooking) as 3 grilled Tiger Prawns, one well filled steam rice and morning glory (water spinach) on fire with two watermelon juices and one mango juice ( roughly costing 1440 baht all up.) besides the food being really amazingly yummy, the staff are extremely attentive, and there were def small things that they do to perfection - delivering drinks with straw facing you, when we finished a dish, they were promptly taken away, without the feel that the waiters were hovering at all:)
With this lovely experience, we went back tonight- saw the sunset which is absolutely breathtaking as you see the entire horizon with beautiful shades of red with islands emphasized with darkness. The second dinner we had the banana leaf grilled fish which was beautifully deboned, and absolutely full of moisture, with prawn wrapped in egg noodle batter and glass noodle roasted prawns. I personally preferred the previous night's dinner, but both dinners were both lovely, and again the staff were again extremely attentive.
Well worth reserving a table for 6:30ish to have dinner with the sun setting. :))

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank BabyBunnySL

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

The restaurant does offer a great view of the beach.. Staff are attentive, however the food quality is not great. We ordered 5 dishes, 2 of them were too salty, and fried rice was very hard. Only good one was sea-bass but overpriced.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

What a great surprise, great food but all tables around us reserved for later, be early and enjoy great food and good service ( easy though at 16,00 with only one table of customers)

2  Thank F F
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great view, wonderful service and lovely food. They even gave us a lift up to the resaurant and back to our hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Soft-shelled crab, mussels, grilled king prawns, steamed sea bass, vegetables, rice and drinks... thanks to arrangements made beforehand, lovely table on a relatively quiet patio with a panoramic view of sunset at 6pm. Lots of patronage from bus-loads of tourists-- filled up by 7pm. Prompt and friendly service. Probably not the cheapest seafood around at about USD 50 per person, but nonetheless a very nice dinner for my wife and I, and I would recommend this restaurant. Transport: Lae Lay Grill provides free transfers within the Ao Nang area, but not outside. Location: Lae Lay Grill is on the same route as the Hilltop restaurant. I've tried both, and I have to say I prefer Lae Lay.

2  Thank NotRoughingIt