We stayed for one night before taking a ferry to koh lanta the following day.
The resort is set in between a few cliffs, set back from the main town. A free shuttle runs every hour to drop people into town and run them back. The resort is a lot cooler than beach area which is refreshing. The pool was in the shade at 4pm which was great for cooling off. The pool was clean, a few sunbeds and umbrellas. There is a bit of a farm vibe going on, a little flock of sheep run passed our cabin, loads of chickens doing the rounds too.
We had the basic bungalow with fan which suited us well. Comfortable bed, towels and toiletries, drinking water. There were a few gaps between doors so a few midges got in but after spraying some deet we weren't bitten. I wish more in the sense of bedding had been provided. The bed is two single beds pushed together but the bed spread is a double. It doesn't quite fit and I woke freezing in the night! The temperature really dropped at night.
There are a few plumbing issues, but that's to be expected with the set up. The toilet is slow to drain and the pressure drops on the shower. There is a 7-11 in town to pick up supplies to bring back.
The cabins aren't sound proofed at all. The jungle wildlife noises are fine but when your neighbour makes a few phone calls at 5am that's just really rude. Go to reception where people aren't sleeping!
We ate at the restaurant on site. It was reasonably priced. 300 baht for meal for two with drinks. Good sized portions too.
All the staff are very attentive. Many more or less fluent in English. A young girl cheffing at the restaurant was learning English from the waitress whilst serving.
I wish we could have stayed longer. I would definitely have requested extra bedding though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you looking for a holiday bungalow accommodation close to the beach of Ao Nang Krabi, quiet location and also close to public life, you are in the right place in Ao Nang Cliff View Resort. Enjoy your stay in new and well designed bungalows, surrounded by natural jungle and breath taking Cliff Mountains. Ao Nang Cliff View Resort offers deluxe and superior bungalows for singles, couples and families with air condition as well as low budget fan bungalows. Relax in peaceful atmosphere in our swimming pool, on your own bungalow terrace and enjoy traditional Thai food in our restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aonang Cliff View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cliff View Ao Nang Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Cliff View Resort Krabi/Ao Nang