“Paradise lost because of management”

Krabi Mountain View Resort
Ranked #110 of 129 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This place was tarnished by an extremely rude and
Unreasonable man who was there at reception . I left the resort very unhappy indeed with the unfair treatment I was shown. If the owner or anyone there would like to speak with me further I would be happy to speak with them in more detail. It is a shame, I travelled through Thailand for nearly 3 months, and this was the most
Disappointing experience I had. Shame on you sir..
I would not recommend this place to anyone because of the way I was treated. And I agree with previous comments about the deceptive way they show you rooms.. It was clear to me that this man accepted no responsibility for customer satisfaction at all, which I find
Appalling considering the price of a room.
Go  2 minutes up the road here in tonsi beach,  you will find better concierges, and cheaper prices..and hopefully better Experiences then the one I had here.

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed 13 November 2012

These rooms are fine to stay in but for the price paid, it was terrible. When I inspected the room it had an air con which I had to ask about before I was told it didn't work, that was ok with me but when I go to have a hot shower and I'm told there is a 200baht extra fee to have hot water thats when my view of Mountain View Resort (Tonsai) really changed. The reception manager was very rude and didn't care about my disappointment in the room. The only alternative he gave me was to leave the resort with no refund after I had only been there for a few hrs. The rooms are deceptive. It's fine to have no aircon and no hot water but not when you pay a high price because it looks as though you have these luxuries.
I would recommend anyone wanting a little more comfort than a simple bungalow spend the 1200baht and stay in the more modern apartment style bungalows on the right side of TonSai, or the small 300baht bungalows are simple and good too. (60m up from basecamp corner).
Overall, the worse service by far in my 9 weeks backpacking all throughout Thailand.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Tonsai beach is like a lost hippie heaven from the 70's. The beach is gorgeous. The atmosphere is laid back and anything goes. The crowd is a mixture of backpackers and climbers. There are budget accommodation options galore. Mountain View Resort is one of the "higher-end" options. By higher end, it's all relative! Compared to the standard bamboo wall/concrete floor/insect-filled bungalows near the beach, Mountain View offered slightly more in terms of having concrete walls/screened windows/tiled bathroom. It still only has cold showers and limited electricity. I paid 800 baht per night in one of the newer rooms. Steep, but the location and the vibe of the place makes up for the shortcomings. Tonsai is one of those places where time runs at a different pace, you relax on the beach, and before you know it, days have gone by...

Room Tip: I had room 129, the rooms along that row are bigger, newer and more expensive
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 March 2012

It is a 15 minute walk from Railay Beach, unless you take the boat right to Tonsai Beach. The beach is definately a lot more secluded and laid back compared to Railay Beach. However there is no electricity / air con / hot water from 6am to 6pm, every where on Tonsai Beach. It doesn't really work if you want to take a nap or take a shower from lying on the beach in the middle of the day. We shortened our stay till only one night and checked out right away after knowing that.

The resort was not cheap compared to places in Thailand but the area was expensive. Tonsai beach was very laid back with a Jamaican feel to it. A lot less touristy.

The resort is a 5 - 10 minute bumpy road walk from the beach.

I do not recommend the resort.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 January 2012

THE place is fantastic. But in THE land of THE smile THE service forgot how To . Th room was not clean. THE price is To high For what you get. Electricity just from 18.00 till 6.00. Better stay in krabi town hometel à new hotel with perfect service or in anang were is more than enough places To stay and cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 7 June 2010

"OMG what a amazing villa so peaceful you will not be disappointed the only negative thing was leaving, but will be back for sure yes elephants do go pass everyday the beach is not that far we had use of samari which was great fun only took 10 min to beach, there was 4 elephants camps close by,thank you mark & nang for making our holiday the best they are fantastic always sorting cabs & making sure we all ok and not missing out on anything we all loved it there was 4 adults 1 teenager 13 yrs who had a great time loads of room fantastic pool villa cleaned daily stunning place"

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2010

Stayed in "high season" for 3 weeks while we climbed in march 2009. All the bungalows were pretty full, all climbers! Great atmosphere. The woman on reception was there all the time and was very helpful. We paid 300 baht a night , 6 quid, in mar and everytime we wanted a fresh towel we gave them an extra 50 baht. Bargain. Much better than the other bungalow places in the area that we saw when shopping around. Our bungalow NEVER got bugs inside apart from the occassional mosquito creeping through the door if you left i open. other places allowed for loads of bugs. there is no electricity during the day, just 6-6 if i remember rightly but there's only 1 place that offers air-con on ton-sai so this is to be expected. it isn't over developed, so cherish it while it lasts and don't wish away the charcter by demanding luxury!! The only downside with 9/10 places in tonsai is that whent eh fan goes off at 6am it's impossible to lie in because you geta bit sweaty and it's for this reason that I gaave sleep quality a 3/5 but this is not down to this accomodation, it's tonsai overall. We came back in low season for a week and paid half the price but there were no climbers hardly in june and the weather wasn't as good for climbing, it was a bit rainy but it felt like coming home and we stayed in exactly the same bungalow! very relaxing and perfectly positioned for climbers. 5 mins walk down a hill to the beach. lots of little food places and relaxing rasta bars in the area directly opposit the bungalows. you can't go wrong! we wouldn't stay anywhere else if we came back for a thrid time...

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
#9 of 13 in Railay Beach
Aonang Mountain View Hotel
Aonang Mountain View Hotel
#45 of 129 in Ao Nang

Been to Krabi Mountain View Resort? Share your experiences!