“stay here if you dont care”

and 1 more site!
White Sand Krabi Hotel
Ranked #101 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The hallway leaked. The clubs and bars directly across the road were noisey. The breakfast were shared with hornets nest. The room itself was ok and down stairs the cocktails were 50 TBH at happy hour which is awesome. There were some nice spots to eat out.
We stopped in a mexican restaurant on the main street which was really cool.
But if you want a place with a nice beach and very relaxing then Ao nang may not be for you.
The swimming pool on the roof was cool

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MofoMarc

Reviewed 10 February 2011

I had booked a room by email direct with the White Sand Krabi hotel a month before arrival and received a reservation confirmation from the hotel. I had looked at online booking services and was able to get a better rate direct with the hotel as it appeared they had lots of rooms available at the time I booked. When I arrived, they could not "find" my reservation. I showed them the email with the confirmation and details. After staring at it blankly for about 5 minutes, I was informed that they were fully booked since it was Chinese New Year Saturday and didn't have a room even though I had the confirmed reservation from a month before. I asked why they didn't have the reservation and again got a blank stare. I should have read the reviews here first. Others have made the comment that the management seems to make up rules as it suits them. My guess is that since they sold out for Chinese New Year they were able to get higher rates than I was confirmed so they conveniently lost my reservation.

To make matters worse, they then offered me a room at the same rate at their other hotel which they said was just up the road. Just up the road turned out to be about a km inland from the beach. The outside of the second hotel was really run down. I walked into the room and it was so bad I immediately turned around and left.

I travel to Thailand frequently and have never had this type of experience with a hotel. I will never consider staying at this hotel again based what I consider dishonest actions by the management. I also recommend that anyone who is considering stay here closely read all of the posts as many have rated this hotel very poorly.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank GuyDet
Reviewed 4 February 2011

Ok ppl, I just came home today and i'm dying to write this review here. i've read through the mostly bad and some good reviews written here and bravely tried this hotel with my family of 5 and regretted it. Sometimes little things can make your holiday just a little imperfect. Here are the most detailed details for anyone who wants to book this hotel.

Room: NO CONNECTING ROOMS FOR ALL THE ROOMS in this hotel which is incovenient for families and big groups. NO PHONES IN ALL ROOMS so you can't call out to other rooms or to anyone when u need help on anything. you need to go down all the way to tell the receiptionist that you need maybe..a roll of toliet paper or whatever. ALL double bedded rooms face the street with ok sized balcony and ALL twin bedded rooms face the carpark and jungle with a very small balcony with very little sunlight coming through. So basically, if you want ok view, go for double bedded rooms. Some mosquitoes are residents in the area and rooms. So just put on some light mosquitoe repellent or something.

Surroundings: Pub right opposite the double bedded rooms that face the streets, loud bass booming away at night till wee hours in the morning. Not for sensitive sleepers. Convenient location. Starbucks,Macdonalds, Swensons, 7-11, restaurants and some roadside stalls all downstairs. Not beachfront. about 15 mins walk to the beach.

TV: 10 channels (8 thai, 1 channel V chinese and 1 eng weird channel (not HBO or whatever). For those who like to watch TV or stay in the rooms, basically you'll be bored to death.

Bed: NOT COMFORTABLE. Yellowish old sheets with stains and hard mattress according to general hotel standards. Comforter(or quilt) is newer but with little stains here and there. Pillow unusually high and made my neck ache every morning.

Bathroom: This is what everybody is writing about here. WATER PRESSURE AND WATER TEMPERATURE SUCKS BIG TIME. It really is. Imagine the water coming out fluctuating between hot, warm and cold, weak and strong. No point adjusting it. Bath towels are yellowish and old. Shower stalls are really small, you'll hit the plastic sliding doors lots of times. No bathtub. One day there's no towels in our rooms at all. I went to ask and housekeeping informed me no more towels because it's all used and they can only send in a few hours later after washing. what the heck? Not supposed to happen i guess.

Swimming pool: Not for swimming, more for just dipping. it is REALLY SMALL (more like a very big bathtub?) and it's so packed during the day. Nothing like the picture shown on the internet. Can't find any sunbeds or space to relax. Went at night 8PM, there's nobody and it's nicer to just watch the sky as it's on the top floor (5th floor).

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Ms-TaurusToh
Reviewed 4 February 2011

We had book the hotel in advance for 5 nights but we left after one. The rooms were not as great as they look on the pictures, and the rooftop pool is very very small. Our bed was lumpy and very uncomfortable. The water heater went from hot to cold all the time, the tv only had one proper english channel which was a news channel, and there was very much noise from the street, especially a night when you could here all the bars.

As if that wasn't enough, when we wanted to check out, the manager said we should paid for one more night because we were checking out early. She keept saying it was there policy, but the problem was that it didn't say anywhere on the papers we got when we book, or in their systemt that they could charge for one extra night if we left early. So ofcause we refused to pay, and ended up arguing with them for almost and hour before we got our will.

So don't stay there!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank StefMey
Reviewed 16 January 2011

I paid 1,500 THB for a twin room without breakfast that faces the carpark. Room was quiet at night with no sound of traffic or noise from the corridor or adjoining rooms though they were occupied. Beds were comfortable enough but hard - typical in most Asian countries. Shower compartment was small. 2 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 2 beach towels and 1 floor towel were provided. Towels and linens were clean and new. Toilet and bathroom was not squeaky clean but clean enough. r Internet access via wifi and 2 computer terminals but it's expensive. There was a safe in the room. No telephone in the room so I had to go down to the reception whenever I had a problem. On the 1st day, I was unable to open the safe when I returned after spending a few hours at the beach. The receptionist said that I had to wait till the next morning to have it opened because the man who has the master key had gone home. I was insistent and told her that I had no money only then did she ask someone else to call someone to resolve the problem. On the 2nd day, housekeeping didn't change our towels. We requested for change of towels. A lady came within a few minutes but she appeared very unhappy. The aircon wasn't working on the 3rd night but a technician arrived within a few minutes and got it fixed in 10 minutes. Staff was generally friendly and quick to respond. Great view of the sea from the pool terrace. Weather forecast is placed on the reception table. There's a 7-11 in the next building, 2 dive shops and a travel agent across the road, restaurants, money changers and street food just outside the hotel. The beach is less than 5 minutes' walk away.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2011

Clean tools friendly staff
A bit noicy inhyr evenings but nice view on the balcony

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We stayed 4 nights at White Sand Krabi Resort. We were walk-in guests and got a room rate of 1500 baht per night without breakfast.

The hotel is a standard western tourist-class hotel. The rooms don't look quite as nice in person as they do in the photos, but they are still comfortable, of reasonable quality and spacious.

We stayed in room 307, which had a street-facing balcony with a view of the cliffs and distant view of the water. The view was nice, especially in the morning. Our room had a desk and chair, a large TV/mini bar console, an arm chair and a large wardrobe, giving us plenty of room to store our gear. The bathroom has a stand-alone shower which was nice, though it could have used a bit more space. The one down side of the bathroom was that the hot water pressure oscillated constantly which made showering a bit of a pain. The bed was very firm, even by Asian standards. Oddly, the duvet was smaller than the bed itself and was barely large enough to cover 2 people. The bed linens were clean.

The location is decent - it is a few doors west (towards the beach) of the McDonald's, and there are plenty of food and mini-mart options steps away. The walk to the beach is about 8-10 minutes. The locations does get loud from 7pm until about 10 or 11pm, however this seems no different from any other hotel along this road and it wasn't an issue for us in terms of sleep quality.

The front desk staff were friendly when we first went to check in, but were much less friendly for the rest of our stay. They also charged us 300 baht for use of the wi-fi for the duration of our stay, which we had to have refunded the next day as their internet connection was pathetically slow. Even slowness aside, it was annoying to be charged for wi-fi when every other place we stayed in Thailand included it for free, including guesthouses with room rates 1/3rd of White Sand's.

The last thing to mention is that the hallways in the hotel seemed stuffy and always full of mosquitoes. Due to the gap under the door, we always seemed to have several mosquitos in the room no matter how often we killed them. Fortunately the air-conditioning seems to have kept them sluggish as we did not get bitten while in the room.

Overall, we had a comfortable stay here, but when we returned to Ao Nang 5 days later, we looked a bit further and found better value. At the reduced rate we were given, White Sand was an okay value. At their published rates, we would have been much less satisfied.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple