Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Decent 3 star hotel , imo the best value for money in ao nang
the hotel has some water damage here and there , but all aroud a very decent
hotel , big spacius rooms with lcd tv,

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

i stayed here for three nights and found this place to be value for money. you do not have spend huge amount, the facility is also limited. you get hygenic, spacious rooms which is good if you do not plan to spend too much time in the hotel . not a beach side resort, as the name suggests, but near to the beach. you can expect Thai hospitality and the staffs are very cordial and you get a warm welcome.

Room tip: eating out for dinner would be a good option as there are lot of eateries around...
Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Along with 20 colleagues, I stayed at White Sand Krabi resorts for 3 nights in Nov 2011. Our check-in took about 30 minutes, probably due to the large group size. However, they did serve us cordial drink while we waited, which is quite thoughtful.

I was assigned to a twin sharing room at level 3, facing carpark. Overall, the room look clean but has nothing to rave about. Hard rock bed with a flat pillow affected my quality of sleep. 2 complimentary bottles of water supplied daily with decent room make up service. Compared to other 3 stars hotels in thailand, very basic supply of toiletries are available here only. The flat screen TV was nice to look at initally but upon switching on, I felt giddy as the visual were grainy. Even if you do not mind the grainy visual, there are only about 5 channels to choose.

As for bathroom, I really loath the shower area. Firstly, the shower area is too small, I often find myself knocking against the shower area sliding door although I am a petite asian. I wonder how bigger size guests are going to bathe in the small shower area. Secondly, the temperature tap does not seems to take instruction well (same feedback were heard from my colleagues in other rooms).

What could be worst? On 26 Nov 2011 afternoon, following some strenous sports activities at beach, all I wanted is a nice cool shower back in hotel. To my dismay, the hotel is experiencing power and water failure, possibly due to renovation work. The power and water was only resumed after close to 2 hours.

It is also worth mentioning that the hotel only offers 1 set of keys per room. So, if the 2 guests sharing room has different plans for the day and returning to hotel at different time, you are required to deposit the keys at the counter. There is also no phone in the room. Some may find it troublesome though.

As for hotel breakfast, I did check out but did not bother try eventhough it is complimentary for us as I always prefer to save my stomach space for local fare when I travel. Based on my observation, the breakfast has a limited spread of both thai and usual western fare. On further note, the dining area is open air area, accompanied by non-human fellow diners such as flies and birds.

Despite of various negative points, White Sand Krabi does has its own merit. Firstly, the hotel is located along the main street with restaurants, shops, massage parlour just a stone throw away. Nevermind about the pathtetic supply of toiletries too, as the wide abundance of convienence stores surronding the hotel is well stocked with common brands of toiletries. In addition, the small but quiet rooftop pool with great mountain view is major plus point. Moreover, although the staff are not fluent in English, they were quite helpful and pleasant.

In conclusion, while I like the location of the hotel, I would not recommend the hotel to fussy travellers or if you are staying for more than 2 nights.

Room tip: How to navigate yourself? When facing the road outside hotel’s entrance – the downward slope (right side) is the direction to beach while the upward slope (left side) is the direction to Krabi Town. Forget about the hotel breakfast, try the Ao Nang Boat Noodle, about 10 minutes walk towards Krabi Town Direction, opposite side of the road, for a real taste of Thailand. The ‘chok’ aka porrridge served at No 1. Thai Food restauarnt opposite the Ao Nang Boat Noodle stall store was delicious too.
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The room was clean and tidy, nicely set to make it spacious with quite maintained furniture. Flat tv on the wall with variety of channels, mini bar, and the coffee/tea set makes the hotel worth to stay.
The breakfast was quite good too, the omelet was just great! it was not on the buffet tho so you have to ask for it. But the waiter was helpful enough to serve you with it once it's done.
The swimming pool is on the top floor with a great view. The pool attendant was not always there tho but you may take the brown towel from your room to use.
The staff was quite helpful, don't speak English much but helpful enough with the bills and where to find a good massage, which is just in front of the hotel, on the right hand side. That was the best massage i've ever had! They will wash your feet first before entering the room, which was quite cool! for only 250baht an hour, it was really cheap considering how hard the girl have to do the massage for you! I went there twice and still thought that I should have gone more!
My room was facing the main road which was ok, a bit noisy but you kind of expected that knowing where it is located! At night time the bar on the alley right in front of the hotel was quite busy too!
The Ao Nang beach is just five minutes away by walk and you'll find many shops on the way so you won't feel tired even if you walk back and forth for many times.. Fancy restaurant, bar, pubs or local food and fruit vendor was easy to find. It's just walking distance from the hotel but tuk tuk is always available when you need one..
I will definitely stay in this hotel again!

Room tip: the second floor room facing the main road was great especially when you enjoy sitting on the balcony in the evening and experience the night life from 'not too far' away.. I felt like i was in the crowd but not actually there. It's an experience indeed..
Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank rk-art
Reviewed 16 July 2011

At first when we arrived here, they were helpful...maybe coz we are Asian but should be doesn't matter...they must treat people equally, nicely...the price was okey, the view was very nice, the location was strategic coz the shop just around the hotel, the beach you just can walk around 2 or 3 minute from hotel then you can see Aonang beach...the food was nice, coz we are muslim they cooked our food separately in front of my eye...hehehehe they cleaned my room everyday, but the hot shower was not working...but i'm ok with that...opposite the hotel got bar, at night it's quite happening but when you closed the curtain it more quite and can sleep but it's don't bother us much coz after long and tiring day all that will never bother my sleep ;p

Room tip: If you can't sleep with the noisy sound please ask them about room facing garden/not facing the road...
Date of stay: February 2011