“A Good Centrally Located Budget Hotel”

and 1 more site!
White Sand Krabi Hotel
Ranked #101 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We were not expecting too much from the reviews however the staff wee helpful, language not an issue. The room was a good size, clean and had good comfortable bed. Wifi worked just fine and there was even a small pool on the roof. The bathroom while large was in urgent need of some repairs and maintanence but still functional.

Room Tip: Avoid road facing rooms because of noise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kiwisnowbirds

Reviewed 7 April 2013

This hotel is located on the main tourist road in Ao Nang, 5 min walk from the Ao Nang beach.

The hotel is small but great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We came in from the street with no reservations. We were given a very spacious room with balcony on the 4th floor.

The hotel has a top roof pool and lounge-kind of area. Very relaxing.
Below the hotel there are plenty of shops, restaurants, bars and so forth. That also means the area is a quite nosy.

I would definitely come again. :)

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor, better view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank worldtraveller_maria
Reviewed 28 March 2013

My wife and I had been staying at a budget location in Ao Nang and wanted to splurge for a night - we unwisely chose White Sand Resort.

Where do I start? Roof top pool or glorified bath tub? It's small, very little seating around it, there are tiles missing in the pool, the railing by the pool is all rusted and metal is falling into the pool.

The lobby/entryway is very nice but when you step into the elevator you get a taste of what is to come - elevator 4 out of 5 light bulbs burnt out walls were very dirty. This continued when we stepped into our room, the walls were dirty, light bulbs were burnt out, shower head in need of repair (which I did).

We were in our room and could hear a "beep" every minute or so coming from the hall. It was a fire detector that had a low battery, we told the reception desk and they kept telling us it was an animal - unless there are robotic animals in Thailand we were sure it was the fire alarm. A few hours later it was fixed after my wife tracked down which fire detector it was and showed the maintenance man after going back to the front desk to tell them about it again.

On the plus side there are free computers (we are using one to write this review), the location is good, breakfast is included (we will see how that goes).

Normally we are not this picky but this is by far the most expensive room we paid for in three weeks (three times more) and we had higher expectations than what they delivered. While daily cleaning seems to be done well, general upkeep is lacking - paint, light bulbs, fixing broken tiles, ect... would go a long way here. If you were to get a good price (NOT on Agoda) and didn't care so much about the pool this might be sufficient for your stay in Ao Nang.

Room Tip: The backside might be better than the front which faces a noisy road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The toilet was clogged.Full of stagnant water. Not comfortable. Noisy area. But easy access. Nightlife area. Room was nice.The staff was not friendly because they can't speak english very well. The hotel was very near with Ao Nang Beach. I booked this hotel based on review in tripadvisor. But I really surprised when it was not like what i expected.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rubyhaniff78
Reviewed 18 March 2013

There are too many cons as opposed to pros here. All I can say is the value for the money you spend is absolutely off kilter. Long story short...we had no power, no wifi, no water and no AC for 2 of the 3 nights we booked for. Lasting 5 and 3 hours respectively. The wifi was the main issue. When I called down the morning we left, inquiring about wifi, I was hung up on the second time I called. I was not rude at all, I called twice because I was told the issue would be corrected by the repairman...who never came. Until I called for the second time. I went down to complain to them the day before our check out, asking for some sort of reasonable compensation, they childishly denied me. Telling me to go through the website in which I booked through. I had 2 other customers overhear me while I complained and they agreed with me. I have never felt compelled to write a distasteful review, and I have stayed in worse room, but I also didn't spend as much as I did on this place. Anyway, better places for less or the same price within the vicinity of this hotel. Stay at the Aonang Mountain Paradise! (not to be confused with Aonang Paradise) Much better! $60 gets you all amenities with a better pool, better scenery, more peace and quiet, mini putt and ping pong table next door, friendlier more attentive staff, 3-5 min walk to main road and about a 10-15 walk to the beach. The rooms are not quite as nice as the White Sand resort, but they are clean and suitable for us. No complaints! Smaller breakfast, but totally good enough. Really like this place!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The hotel staff are not friendly, we booked months in advance and the room we were given smelt of a bad odour like it had been shut up for a long time. the bed was extremely hard and so were the pillows. When I asked if something could be done about the bed I was told to ask again the next day. The shower recess filled up with water because the drain was blocked and the recess was mouldy. The restaurant located underneath the hotel played loud annoying music all day that got louder during the night in competition with the restaurants and bars across the street and we got no sleep. We booked in for 4 nights and checked out after one, we were not offered a refund. Really bad experience at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tic50
Reviewed 5 March 2013

very awfull hotel after they change owner and managment, very unfriendly managment.
stay away from this hotel, aonang have mutch better hotels for the same or better price.
the quality of this hotel is running down and it is pity,because before it was one of the best choice.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends