“Sunset Dining”

Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Nice sunset dining experience in spite of the heat from the open space. Recommended to try their fish in lime sauce, tomyum and fried squids in garlic. We had 10 pax and the serving portions were small. As such, you will need to order more and will definitely cost $$$ more! But the good part was, you will receive excellent service and attentive staff.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful Thai dinner here with very friendly and courteous staff. I think this is possibly the best, it was recommended to us and we were very impressed.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Ban Lay Thai is in the line of Ao Nang's "Seafood Street", and is probably one of the best restaurants you can find here. We visited this restaurant three times during our 6 day stay in Ao Nang.

Staff is very nice. In particular the female head waiter was very service-minded and attentive.

The menu is versatile. The food was served quickly and tasted excellent.

When they also offer a good selection of wines, and the atmosphere overlooking the sea is beautiful, made the three meals we had there a memorable experience.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Went to Krabi for our annual holiday/honeymoon.. read in Tripadvisor about the restaurant and we decided to give it a try. For us, the food was expensive.. Personally i think that we paid for the view. hahahahah..but the food was good too.. This is a halal restaurant with a good view and food. So if you are a muslim and going for honeymoon in Krabi, we recommend this restaurant. The restaurant opens for dinner and a great time to end your day with a nice comforting food while watching the sunset and the ocean.
They served the food very fast. I think we got our food 5 minutes after ordering.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Ate here early on in a 10 night stay in Ao Nang and wouldn't go back but I think that's because we went too late in the evening (9.30pm) and clearly they were wanting to pack up. My Husband doesn't eat fish so the selection for him was limited but he found something he was happy to order - chicken and noddles dish which was average. I chose some shellfish from the fish counter which they barbecued for me, tasty but nothing to rave about. I think that we would have had a much better experience if we had gone a couple of hours earlier say between 6.30pm and 8.30pm as this place is situated on "Seafood Street" so in a lovely position right over the beach it's in a row of around 5 restaurants that all specialise in fish. I live in a fishing town back home and know my fish - I can get lobster and whatever fish I would like cheaper at home. In summary - super setting and average food.