“Not Worth It” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #90 of 105 Hotels in Ao Nang
Santa Rosa, California
“Not Worth It”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I just checked out yesterday and found the stay to be really disappointing. The property was a bit run down in general. Major mold problem in the bathroom and housekeeping was not even trying to remove what could be easily cleaned. I had three ceiling lights burnt out in my room which were never changed. Again, should just be a normal part of housekeeping duties to check that lights are working. The lock on the door to my room was also ridiculously confusing. I have worked in hotels for 10 years and I am not an airhead about stuff like this. You had to hold the handle in a really severe position to set the mechanism to lock. Moreover, the wifi was spotty at best. It worked fine in the lobby, but the in room wifi never worked consistently and that was a major factor in me deciding on this hotel. When I checked out I was not asked how my stay was, or I would have told them all of this at that time. When I did complain about the wifi I was told it had been broken for a days and to use it in the lobby "sorry." Awesome.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Annamc17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

This place has one major thing going against it - the service. The front manager has a lousy attitude and the staff are rude and belligerent.

It's a pity cause the rooms are not bad and spacious even for triple share arrangement but the level of service is the worse. My group and I arrived at the hotel only to find out that our reservations were cancelled because of their incompetence. And without explaining the situation to us they transferred us to a backpacker type hotel hoping that we would accept the situation but of course we insisted that they give us back our original bookings. Only after a couple of hours negotiating between the hotel and the local travel agent were we given our rooms. And all that while there was no attempt at an apology nor even a welcome drink. We had to sit there in the hot and stuffy lobby for them to sort out the problem.
This is the worse hotel that my group and I have had the displeasure of staying in. Thailand is known for its hospitality but this hotel does not know the meaning of the word! They have received an award excellent service but do not be fooled! Stay away is my advice.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank robinrobs

Travellers are raving about these Ao Nang hotels

Trang, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

The bangkalow desire for staying like home. Big and good bed for sleeping . It 's fare away alittle bite from beach but you can feel quiet relax and private for your vacation. This is the small resort which made you desire to return back again

Room Tip: Booking the bungkalow for private and touch the nature.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Helsinki
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel is in itself ok. However, the staff is a joke. No one understands english and the proactivity is zero. In addition, they are unfriendly. I tried to order food from my room but to no avail. They dont understand even basic sentences like "one green curry" and they hang up on me! The breakfast is terrible and costs 350 bhats. The rooms have no english TV channels with movies, and the swimming pool is so shallow that you cannot swim.

The only positive thing about the hotel is free wifi that is slow.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Turre75
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I travelled to krabi on Oct 10, 2013. In this resort we took 2 rooms. Rooms are spacious and clean. View from the windows is very nice with trees. They provide free breakfast. For the budget it is highly recommended. They provide a vehicle to the near by beach for every 2 hrs. Staff is also nice. In hotel we can book packages, but i think it is a bit costly than outside. We booked a package outside of the hotel. There are many tour package travels available near to the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Divkar
Schoten, België
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Stayed here from 25 September until 28 September with my girlfriend.

1) they forgot to pick us up at Krabi Airport even though they have confirmerd us by email they would pick us up, they had the flight details. After a 20min call they asked us to take a taxi to the hotel, the bill was payed by the hotel. We had a room upgrade and that was it, the hotel was pretty much empty anyway.

2) my girlfriend requested some flowers and whine for our trip, the hotel failed to do this.

3) On the first morning alot of guest woke up early to take a trip so they prepared alot of food, next morning there was hardly anything, had to ask myself to get a omelet...

4) The safe in the room didnt worked as the batery was empty

5) As we seen a pool table we though about having a game, you have to pay for it....

6) As we went for a swim in the pool, the lights in the pool are loose and only 2 or 3 were working....

7) on 1 morning i asked a egg sunny side up so i could dip my bread in it, it was cooked way to long so it tasted like @!#@. Breakfast at 7-11 was even better. Other time i asked a fried egg for my girlfriend and they simply refused it

8) 1 day before we leave they called us in the room to ask for the time we needed the shuttle bus to the airport, we sayed we need it at 10am. On the next day we check out at 9:50am and ask where they shuttle is, they replied it will be here right away. At 10:20am it wasnt there and went to ask a second time where it was as we needed to be at the airport before 11am. At 10:25 a pick up arrived where we could sit in the back, it was raining that day and we got all wet from the water splashing at the rear of the car, my girlfriend even got dizzy and sick from the way they drove to the airport ( heavy braking and accelerating, taking turns at high speed ).

If you ask if there was any good about this hotel i'd say NO, its an outdated building and could use a big clean up.

The iron under the sink was more rusty then iron. The front door of the room had trouble with the lock, everytime we wanted to lock we had to push against the door to lock it....

Room Tip: Simple, dont stay here!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LtShaq
Naaldwijk, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

When they drop you off the minibus you'll think is this it...wait till you see the complex! It's so nice! We had a swimmingpoolbungalow, so nice, clean and big. The best garden pool i've ever had with great view at the mountain and soort of natural garden. Receptionist is so helpfull and friendly. She booked trips and transport for us. Just a 3 minute walk to the beach and at the beginning of the main street with shops and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013