“"Family orientated" Hotel for guests who don't know better”

Ao Nang Naga Pura Resort & Spa
Ranked #80 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Dubai
“"Family orientated" Hotel for guests who don't know better”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed here for a dive course and for that it was ok, could not imagine to stay here for "recreational" reasons. Hotel is crammed with Scandinavian families who all think they are in their weekend bungalow in lappland - it's very noisy all day long. As hotels cannot chose their guests, let's talk about their services: check-in was quick, room was surprisingly big and we'll decorated, ac worked well and bed has a very firm mattress - as I need. Room was'nt clean, even after we ask to clean again. How can an shrimp tail stuck in a drain of the washing basin without not noticing? Towels weren't not nice (old & thin) and despite asking 4 times for more pool towels, the hotel has not managed to give us the towels within 2 days...breakfast: well...that was by far the most dull breakfast I ever had in Thailand and I really don't want to comment any more on that, I just want to forget...pool/outsides: I appreciate a bit of musical entertainment, BUT the poppy noise coming from a not tuned PA barring from 5 - 8 through the hotel is just disturbing and make you leave your room instantly. conclusion: if you ever travelled thailand before, it's not up to standards of Samui or Phuket. I personally think they stuck here with an approach for backpackers and family vacation rentals.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 6 December 2013

After some years living in Thailand and visiting different location in this lovely country, this was first time that we faced these kinds of problems in a hotel. While you arrive, one of staff is collecting your document but no body is there to take your baggage to the room.So be ready to do it by yourself.Do not expect the front desk to do something for you. They can not even show the location of hotel on the map. They do not know the location of the facility of hotels like kids club. If you arrive even at 2 p.m. nobody is available in the resturant to ask what you want.For pool towel, you should give a big signature at the reception and return back them there as well.The kids club is only a nice picture in the website, it is locked and there is not any thing there. If you are going to the front desk they are not looking at you and asking what you want because they are very young student and they can not speak english. The breakfast is the cheapest quality that you can imagine for the money that you have paid. Although there is a big parking space in the back of resturant, nobody will tell you to park your car there. You have been told that the distance from the hotel to the beach is 5 minutes,do not believe it, it takes longer than 10 min. All in all, it is very difficult to name this location a hotel.If you have booked, verify the to cancel your reservation. If you think that this hotel can be one of your options forget it especially for you are coming from abroad.Although we booked for 4 nights,we left the hotel after two days because our time was very precious.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank dokhtareman

Travellers are raving about these Ao Nang hotels

OSLO
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with our hotel in Ao Nang. Unfortunately it was raining the whole time so we could not take full advantage of the facilities, but would definitely stay there again. The only negative thing was that the people in the reception did not speak very good English, so it was hard to get any information.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 September 2013

On the 3rd night into my stay, there was problem with my aircon. I called the reception to fix the aircon. However, as the problem couldn't be fixed, the repairman contacted the reception and was told that i could change my room. I told the repairman that, I could stay in the current room till the next day checkout. As everything was settled with the repair man, I headed out for dinner. While walking out, I suddenly heard someone calling out to me. I turned around and realised it was the duty staff (Ms Manapat) chasing me from the resort. She was asking me why i wouldnt want to change my room. i explained to her i was about to check out the next day, hence I was ok to just live with the current room. She felt that, it would be better to sleep in comfort and told me it would be better to change the room. I agreed. During this time, she quickly prepared the room key. After taking my key, she told me i could leave my bag at the reception (as the porters were not there at the moment) and head for dinner first as it was quite late. She informed me that the porters will take the bags to the room. The next morning 9/05/13, i saw her at the resort restaurant and greeted me with a big smile and asked if everything was ok with the room. She also manged to help arranged a airport transfer for me as well.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ang H
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Neve take a pool access room. The employees are talking and laughting so load that you dont even hear the music when you try to relax at the swimming pool. And when you try to let them understand, they make their Thai face and look at you like if you are the bad guy. I ll tell you something, I'm customer not a buffalo. (Buffalo is the nick name Thai gives to tourists in Thailand) Because you should know that they really dont like us here, they only like our wallets only. In 2 years the ASEAN will open and then all this staff who doesnt speak english will be remplaced in those hotels because other Asian countries speaks mush better english than those lazy Thai.

Room Tip: Dont take Pool access, so noisy because of employees never care about us.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DanielVanBuiten
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I had also submitted this review on Agoda.com but they censored it and refused to publish it.

1) Free DOWNGRADE

Booked 3 rooms: 1 correct, 1 wrong beds, 1 downgrade. Paid for Pool ACCESS, get Pool VIEW.

They insist that they can provide ANY room types without apologies/prior notice even if you had already paid.

I wrote to Agoda.com regarding this & they had apologized & clarified that this is a mistake on the part of Aonang Nagapura Resort and Spa.

2) Extortion

From what appears to be a "free upgrade"; under what circumstances I am not sure because my friend did the negotiation. But it turned out to be a tool of extortion.

20 Jul
We discovered a broken Jacuzzi showerhead after checking in to the upgraded 'Naga Collection' room & called Housekeeping. They came in 10 mins to check, we told them to leave it as it doesn’t bother us.

21 Jul
Checked out of 'Naga Collection' room, and checked into 'Pool Access' room. Nobody said anything.

22 Jul
Front desk suddenly demanded THB2,500 for the showerhead, while we were still sleeping in the morning.

Only the manager is authorized to talk about this. As she wasn’t in, we got the staff to inform her over the phone (in our presence) to please come in before 9am tomorrow to meet us, as we had to leave for the airport.

23 Jul
We checked out much earlier to ensure sufficient meeting time. However the manager arrived late & condescendingly demanded that we pay.

She refused to listen to us & walked off midway during our explanation. No amount of cajoling would bring her out of the office afterwards. We were also not allowed to leave the premise as she had threatened our taxi driver.

We filed a report with the Tourist Police but eventually paid because the officer explained that it takes a long time for any case to be open in Thailand & we risk missing our flight. We can only hope that they kept their promise of speaking to the resort owner on this.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank mmagdalene
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I had a thai massage at this property. The property is tranquil and calm, just a walk away from the market as well as the beach.
the staff is very friendly and helpful and a few of them actually understand and speak english unlike their other properties. The hotel has 3 properties, this one is a 4 star and is definitely better than the other two which are 3 star properties.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends