“Nice BIG ROOM!!”

Ao Nang Naga Pura Resort & Spa
Ranked #84 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed at this place for 2 nights. Woo....The rooms were really big (can really make a dancing party inside the room) and the bed was very comfortable. We stayed the pool access room, open the room glass door swimming pool right there! The pool attached to the pool access room was not too deep, so even my mum can't swim she can also sit by the pool have few drinks with us. The other bigger pool with pool bar was really nice to swim with. The bathroom have both shower and bathtub, the water was powerful and HOT!!
Staff wasn't speak very good English and have limited service from them. Breakfast is the only part I feel needs to upgrade.
We didn't really like the beach in Aonang. Lucky we choose the hotel with big pools, cause this was our 'goal' for this trip in Thailand - swim everyday!
We had a fishing boat trip during our stay, it was very nice. We own our private fishing boat, nice big boat and we got lots of big fish back :)
However, we had a lovely stay in Naga Pura Resort and I will recommend to other people who like to stay in somewhere with more space.

Room Tip: Pool Access Room is perfect!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 January 2014

We arrived after a long journey from Phangan. However, we were greeted with a drink at reception and check in formalities was a matter of minutes. Everything that we required during our stay was given to us then and there. Deluxe Room was clean and Room big enough for 3 of us. We regretted not getting Pool Access Room. Private Villa looked beautiful from outside with lot of greenery and nice places to sit. I wish we could get a peek inside it. Same goes for swimming pool which was open 24/7 and they had a bar too with sitting area at the top of it. There is a net inside pool for playing if you want to. Bed was comfortable. Separate bed was arranged for the third person. Notcha was the name of the girl at the reception (I guess she was Asst. Manager) and she helped us with everything, that too with a lot of patience. She is very good at her job. We got our local bookings for activities and taxis done from her. Some of the staff was fluent in English so we had no trouble communicating. Wifi was a hit or miss at times (range issues), but worked well when it did. Breakfast was good and had a lot of variety. Don't miss out on it. My only major issue during the stay was that our request for towels fell on deaf ears for 4-5 hours. However, Notcha came to our rescue. Gym and Spa looked fine. Location is quite good too. Right in front of the hotel are few nice restaurants. 15 minutes walk takes you to local market. Every activity pickup is available from the hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I ever come to Thailand.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank praveen2203
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in a pool access room. The pool water was dirty, our room was dirty (you could see especially the outside area was not cleaned at all). It took us 24 hours to get 2 pool towels as they had run out!? Outside in the aisle we saw glasses and plates from room delivery sitting there for 2 days not being removed. The staff was nice at reception and the pool bar. The breakfast buffet was very basic as well... I would not recommend staying here - it's not good enough for the price. But then i would not recommend all of Krabi and Aonang Beach. The service standard is not up to speed compared to places like Phuket and Koh Samui!

Room Tip: Dont choose this resort.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed here for a dive course and for that it was ok, could not imagine to stay here for "recreational" reasons. Hotel is crammed with Scandinavian families who all think they are in their weekend bungalow in lappland - it's very noisy all day long. As hotels cannot chose their guests, let's talk about their services: check-in was quick, room was surprisingly big and we'll decorated, ac worked well and bed has a very firm mattress - as I need. Room was'nt clean, even after we ask to clean again. How can an shrimp tail stuck in a drain of the washing basin without not noticing? Towels weren't not nice (old & thin) and despite asking 4 times for more pool towels, the hotel has not managed to give us the towels within 2 days...breakfast: well...that was by far the most dull breakfast I ever had in Thailand and I really don't want to comment any more on that, I just want to forget...pool/outsides: I appreciate a bit of musical entertainment, BUT the poppy noise coming from a not tuned PA barring from 5 - 8 through the hotel is just disturbing and make you leave your room instantly. conclusion: if you ever travelled thailand before, it's not up to standards of Samui or Phuket. I personally think they stuck here with an approach for backpackers and family vacation rentals.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 6 December 2013

After some years living in Thailand and visiting different location in this lovely country, this was first time that we faced these kinds of problems in a hotel. While you arrive, one of staff is collecting your document but no body is there to take your baggage to the room.So be ready to do it by yourself.Do not expect the front desk to do something for you. They can not even show the location of hotel on the map. They do not know the location of the facility of hotels like kids club. If you arrive even at 2 p.m. nobody is available in the resturant to ask what you want.For pool towel, you should give a big signature at the reception and return back them there as well.The kids club is only a nice picture in the website, it is locked and there is not any thing there. If you are going to the front desk they are not looking at you and asking what you want because they are very young student and they can not speak english. The breakfast is the cheapest quality that you can imagine for the money that you have paid. Although there is a big parking space in the back of resturant, nobody will tell you to park your car there. You have been told that the distance from the hotel to the beach is 5 minutes,do not believe it, it takes longer than 10 min. All in all, it is very difficult to name this location a hotel.If you have booked, verify the to cancel your reservation. If you think that this hotel can be one of your options forget it especially for you are coming from abroad.Although we booked for 4 nights,we left the hotel after two days because our time was very precious.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank dokhtareman
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

We were very happy with our hotel in Ao Nang. Unfortunately it was raining the whole time so we could not take full advantage of the facilities, but would definitely stay there again. The only negative thing was that the people in the reception did not speak very good English, so it was hard to get any information.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 September 2013

On the 3rd night into my stay, there was problem with my aircon. I called the reception to fix the aircon. However, as the problem couldn't be fixed, the repairman contacted the reception and was told that i could change my room. I told the repairman that, I could stay in the current room till the next day checkout. As everything was settled with the repair man, I headed out for dinner. While walking out, I suddenly heard someone calling out to me. I turned around and realised it was the duty staff (Ms Manapat) chasing me from the resort. She was asking me why i wouldnt want to change my room. i explained to her i was about to check out the next day, hence I was ok to just live with the current room. She felt that, it would be better to sleep in comfort and told me it would be better to change the room. I agreed. During this time, she quickly prepared the room key. After taking my key, she told me i could leave my bag at the reception (as the porters were not there at the moment) and head for dinner first as it was quite late. She informed me that the porters will take the bags to the room. The next morning 9/05/13, i saw her at the resort restaurant and greeted me with a big smile and asked if everything was ok with the room. She also manged to help arranged a airport transfer for me as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo