“excellent hotel”
Review of Ascot Krabi

Ascot Krabi
Ranked #34 of 129 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This hotel is a good hotel, the cleanliness and size of rooms is very good.The staff are so friendly and helpful.Their public relations is fantastic would certainly reccomend.Management speak very good English and nothing is to much trouble for them

Room Tip: rooms on front of hotel facing main road on the back of hotel face mountainside
2  Thank raymond s

Reviewed 12 November 2012

We stayed 3 days and I wish I could stay longer in this great hotel. The customer service was excellent, all staff members were very friendly and spoke very good English. The manager is very easy going and saved me so much time and hassle helping me to book all my trips. Rooms were very large, comfortable, clean with A/C, bathroom was massive with hot water and we also had a very nice mountain view. Hotel is no more than 10 min walk to Ao Nang beach which is very nice (with awesome monkeys). Hotel has free PC with internet. I was also allowed to check in early and check out late due to my trip in Krabi which I really appreciated. There just isnt anything negative regarding this hotel and I really couldnt have asked for more.I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who wants to enjoy Krabi. This hotel is an excellent choice.

Room Tip: This hotel is well located to explore south Thailand such as Phi Phi, J Bond island, Maya beach etc...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ala792
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We enjoyed our stay a lot, had a really good time.
The hotel is a family business and the owner/manager told me that they just took over in the beginning of September. So he was asking a lot if we are all right, and I felt he was really concerned about our felling- and, this is a good sign, if somebody want's to do his job well.

It is located on the main road of Ao Nang, a little less than 10 min. away from the beach.
This is right on the beginning of the action, so there are stands, restaurants, shops, etc. around.
We had no problems with noise, so it's still quiet.

Our room was cool, well spaced, with fridge, air con, comfy bed, nice bathroom. Was clean, and we had a beautiful view on the cliffs and the sea.

Service was great, reception did help us with a lot of things, like tours, trips, renting a motorbike, and of course, the best thing- we wanted to try Durian fruit. Most hotels do not allow this fruit, because of it's smell- but we were driven to the market by the Ascot receptionist, she bought us a fruit, managed to get it served and in the end we were all sitting downstairs and enjoyed Durian.

Price value was excellent, and there was nothing bad on this hotel.

If I am around in Krabi province, I'll definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a corner room with view on cliffs and sea. Was with 04 in the end. Rooms with cliff view are...
Reviewed 8 November 2012

My boyfriend and I booked into the Ascot Krabi for a few nights as part of our 4 week long trip around Thailand, and were pleasantly surprised! The room was huge, clean, a nice comfy bed, and the air conditioning was powerful - always a good thing :) Our room was serviced every day, and the breakfast was good too - just tick what you want off the list in the restaurant, and it's delivered to your table 5 minutes later.
The location is fab too, a 10 minute walk to the beach, past lots of shops, restaurants, cafes - and of course tuk tuk drivers ha. When you get down to the beach, turn left (walk on the beach not the pavement as there are 20-30 massage huts all trying to get you in - no exaggeration!) and walk right to the end of the beach, where you'll see a wooden walkway going up into the trees; this is an awesome spot for seeing monkeys! Also 'Cool Point' tattoo shop on Ascot Krabi's side of the road is well worth a visit if you're wanting a tattoo, it's tiny so keep your eyes out on the way down to the beach. My boyfriend got a traditional bamboo tattoo while we were there, and was very happy with it - there is another 'Cool Point' down on the beachfront (owned by the same couple) but the one up on the road down to the beach does more personalised designs and spends more time talking it through with you.
The owners of Ascot Krabi are great too - Sun remembers everyone's name and is always interested in what you're up to. We booked a boat over to Koh Lanta with them at reception and everything went very smoothly, so I recommend asking them if you're trying to get somewhere and you're unsure of how to!
All in all, Ascot Krabi was the perfect base for us while we were in Ao Nang, and when we'd spent all our money at Indie Bar (free pool table) we could take a couple of beers up onto our balcony - perfect!!

Room Tip: We had one facing the road, but still didn't have any trouble sleeping - if you're a light s...
Reviewed 5 November 2012

If you are looking for a pleasant stay in center of happening at Ao Nang then this is your place. Rooms are spacious, clean and have everything that a traveler looks for, including AC after a long day in scorching sun and safety box if you need to store your valuables. Hotel is just 10 minutes walk to the beach and there are plenty of great restaurants and shops around. But what makes this place different from other similar hotels is the staff members who are most helpful. My special regards goes to Sun, the young hotel owner for his friendliness.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed only for 2 nights in Ascot, was fortunate enough to find house very fast. Service is great there. I mean its not about staff make everything you want but very friendly and helpful. The girl on reception (Apple) even showed us few houses nearby.
The other important for us thing was really good and stable Internet in Ascot. We lived 2 nights in different hotels across the street and it was awfull there.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights and I have to say that Ascot has been very good of several things:
1. Location- not far from Ao Nang beach ( walking distance about 1 km) and near of the cheap Thai-cousine restaurants, massage rooms and 7-11
2. Quiet rooms to sleep (mountain view rooms)
3. Very kind and helpful staff, helped me to book several transfers, rent a bike and tell how to reach many sightseeings like What Tham Sua, Emerald Pool etc.

I have to say many thx to Sun and his personal for exellent staying in Krabi.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo