Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
StayForLong
CheapTickets
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at Ascot Krabi, and staff and room was great. Only complaint was that the street outside literally seems to be right next to your bed when you're sleeping (despite being on the fourth floor). If AK improves the insulation from the balcony, it's a five rating for sure.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Dunno wat to expect when we booked Ascot in advance. We had a hard time locating Ascot once reaching Krabi town, as no one's within our circle seems to know the exact location of the hotel, even tuk tuk fella seems lost, but we're fated to meet a local Thai's residing in Stockholm who happened to be back in Krabi who helped us locating Ascot with such an ease and here we are,,

Walking in,we were greeted by Sharifah, a local girl and her colleague (dunno his name), Sun's must be really glad for having an ever helpful and awesome team running Ascot, as they make our family stay in Ascot & Krabi a memorable, funtastic one.The staff were very helpful especially Sharifah.From tours,motorbike renting and even finding food.The hospitality was amazing,even better than a 5 star hotel.The coffee maker donwtstaits is free of charge,so you could come down anytime you want and make coffee as many as you want.The staff and maanger,Mr. Sun spoke very good English which helped us a lot as most Thai people don't speak English fluently.To Mr Sun, Sharifah and friend who kept sending my extra bed at Ascot every night , a big pat on the back for being second to none with your 5 star treatment.Mr Sun,thanks for being so sunstatic! -Mr. Xtrabed :)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Everything goes well, thank you for your servicesAscot Krabi Hotel named novadays Haleeva Sunshine.( Family owned hotel)
Thank you all for your hospitalitity and very good services especially Mr Sun. We stayed there more days than we planned. Hotel is not so near Ao Nang services but enough! Services are exellent. I recommend.
Br Heikki

Room tip: We have been there twice. All rooms are good, but rooms on the mountain side are not traffic noise at all. Notice that stairs are quite steep to the upper rooms.
1  Thank Heikki_Hei
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I checked into Haleeva Sunshine last year. Fabulous stay. It makes the holiday trip more enjoyable. This year, we went back to Krabi for holiday again. Got to know from other blogger that Sun (ownerof Haleeva) took over the Ascot, another building next door. But I happen to read a few bad comment about Ascot. Based on my previous experience at Haleeva, I can't believe that there's any truth in it. After checking with Sun, I found that he actually took over Ascot sometime around Oct 2012. So....that explains !!

This stay at Ascot is EXCELLENT !! 3* room quality at a backpack price ! The staff are not only friendly (as everyone else said) they're the walking directory ! The english speaking ladies (especially the one with a head scalf - I don't know her name) practically knows everything from motorbike renting, activities to bus schedule ! Complementary beverage 24 hrs a day. A coffee drinker as I am, it's like walking into your own kitchen and you can have a cup of coffee anytime. What best is, every time we goes in or out the door, there's always someone greeting "Dinner ?","Hi !", "Don't forget your keys". You'll never find this in any 5* hotel. Who cares if you have your dinner ! I think the word "friendly" is not enough to describe this relationship. They are like family member. It's like a home.

I'm a regular traveller. But never that I go back to the same hotel just because of their enthuciasm. It's not about the location. It's not about the price. It's the people that matter.

Sun, give your girls a raise, will you ?!! :-)

3  Thank syiokjalan
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We stayed at the 'Ascot Krabi' for 2 nights in October 2012, and had a great stay here.
We chose this hotel as it was located next door to the 'Haleeva Sunshine Hotel' (where we had stayed previously) and is actually owned by the same people, so we knew what great service we would receive.
We had a room at the back of the hotel which was a good size room and a large double bed, which came with a balcony, sky TV, air conditioning, etc.
The room was in great condition and was cleaned daily by the maids, and was excellent value costing only 600 Baht (around £12) per night.
The staff on reception were very friendly and would help with any questions asked. All trips & tours can be arranged from the main desk as well as any travel arrangments (I would recommend booking from here to save any unwanted problems)
The hotel is situated on the main road leading to the beach, which is a slow 15 minute walk. There are 'tuk-tuks' available, but it's a nice walk to the beach with plenty of shops and restaurants on the way. The sunsets on Au Nang beach are fantastic and well worth a visit.
There are plenty of bars and restaurants located on the main road just outside the hotel. Next door to the hotel is 'Boat Restaurant' which serves excellent Thai food, and there is a McDonalds and 7/11 across the road.
The hotel does not have a swimming pool, but you can use the swimming pool next door at the 'Haleeva sunshine Hotel' free of charge, which is an added bonus.
The hotel also provides free tea and coffee in the reception as well as free wireless, and free beach mats, which is a very nice touch.

I would certainly stay here again and I would recommend it to anybody looking for a budget / backpacker hotel.

I would like to say a special thank you to the reception staff who made us feel so welcome during our stay and helped us with any problems we had........An excellent 5* service !!!

Daniel & Charlotte.

Room tip: We chose a room at the back of the hotel to avoid any noise coming from the main road.
Date of stay: October 2012