Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff! We booked few trips from the hotel, and the prices are reasonable. Rooms were very clean and air-con worked well. The view from the window was amazing! The coffee was also great, and free (also tea). If you don't mind walking a while to the beach, then the location is good. It's not too near all the hassle and salesmen. We even booked one night more for our way back to Bangkok!

Shower was not so good, but they are same in every cheap hotel in Thailand.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view if you are staying a longer time, the view is great!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I initially just booked for the night. I chose the hotel as it was a good price with favourable reviews. I found the hotel very pleasant. I was a bit nervous as this was my first trip travelling on my own but I soon came to realsie a good hotel can make a big difference. The staff were all very helpful and always there to greet you with a smile. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the main beach area of Ao Nang, this was perfect for me as I prefer to stay away from the hustle but also be close enough by that I don't have to pay for taxi's or get public transport to the town. There are also loads of great restaurants and bars that you pass on your way to the beach so if it's too hot you can always stop for a beer or nice cocktail! Ao Nang itself is also a great base for the Krabi province. After enjoying my first night, I stayed for another and then used it as my main base while I travelled to some of Krabi's other great spots EG Koh Lanta, Phi Phi etc. Transfers to these areas are very easy to arrange either yourself or through the hotel. I also really recommend get the long tail taxi's to Railay and Tup - back some lunch and prepare for a great day. At the hotel the rooms are all very spacious and immaculate. The wifi was great and the air conditioning fab. This hotel is not 5 * but it is great value and I will be booking it next time I'm back and happy to recommend it to friends and family. Have a great holiday!

Room tip: Ask for a room at the back and up high - gives you a great view of the mountain! Is also nice and quite away from the main road.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TanyaOC
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights at Ascot Krabi, and staff and room was great. Only complaint was that the street outside literally seems to be right next to your bed when you're sleeping (despite being on the fourth floor). If AK improves the insulation from the balcony, it's a five rating for sure.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Dunno wat to expect when we booked Ascot in advance. We had a hard time locating Ascot once reaching Krabi town, as no one's within our circle seems to know the exact location of the hotel, even tuk tuk fella seems lost, but we're fated to meet a local Thai's residing in Stockholm who happened to be back in Krabi who helped us locating Ascot with such an ease and here we are,,

Walking in,we were greeted by Sharifah, a local girl and her colleague (dunno his name), Sun's must be really glad for having an ever helpful and awesome team running Ascot, as they make our family stay in Ascot & Krabi a memorable, funtastic one.The staff were very helpful especially Sharifah.From tours,motorbike renting and even finding food.The hospitality was amazing,even better than a 5 star hotel.The coffee maker donwtstaits is free of charge,so you could come down anytime you want and make coffee as many as you want.The staff and maanger,Mr. Sun spoke very good English which helped us a lot as most Thai people don't speak English fluently.To Mr Sun, Sharifah and friend who kept sending my extra bed at Ascot every night , a big pat on the back for being second to none with your 5 star treatment.Mr Sun,thanks for being so sunstatic! -Mr. Xtrabed :)

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Everything goes well, thank you for your servicesAscot Krabi Hotel named novadays Haleeva Sunshine.( Family owned hotel)
Thank you all for your hospitalitity and very good services especially Mr Sun. We stayed there more days than we planned. Hotel is not so near Ao Nang services but enough! Services are exellent. I recommend.
Br Heikki

Room tip: We have been there twice. All rooms are good, but rooms on the mountain side are not traffic noise at all. Notice that stairs are quite steep to the upper rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple