“ALOOF !!!”
Review of Ascot Krabi

Ascot Krabi
Ranked #29 of 129 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Hi Guys, bad experience in that hotel. Very poor breakfast in a little space with only three mini tables ( see the photoes ). The day we arrived the employee told us that the coffe was free of charge, and the machine was always broken for the 4 days I remaind there. I spoke with the owner, a china man, but I felt he didn't care about it and the hotel, because he has more other business. In our room ther was a lot of mold, ( room 206 ). Very poor breakfast. The hotel is run-down. Overpriced. IT'S A MUSLIM HOTEL !!! Only the staff was helpful. Never again. Choose an'other place in Ao Nang.

Room Tip: In case you wanted go there, choose the rooms overleaf, quiter in the night.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Like other reviewers before me have said, the Ascot Krabi is a great option for budget travellers as it relatively inexpensive for what is available in the Ao Nang beach area.
Positives: Staff is amazing as they accommodated all of our requests and were helpful with any questions, Breakfast was pretty good with enough food to feel good for the rest of the day, location is above average with a 10 minute walk to the beach, AC in the rooms was awesome and and beds were really comfy.
Negatives: The only thing that I can really rip on is the condition of the rooms. While the room was relatively clean this hotel needs some updating. Our bathroom was pretty disgusting especially the shower. The shower drain was very slow so it would back up during a shower and even through countless complaints it was never rectified. Also, the shower is really dirty with mould and dirt lodged in the corners. Wear your flip flops when you shower.
All in all the Ascot Krabi is pretty good and I would recommend it to save money to spend on Thai massages?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We arrived on new year's eve and the check in was fast. We chose the highest floor which in the 4th floor (please note that they do not have elevator). Luckily we did not bring any heavy luggages so we have no problem climbing up the stairs. Our room was facing the cliff which was a great choice since rooms that facing the roadside was noisy at night.

The staff were friendly and attentive. We asked for the bathroom light bulb to be change and they fixed it quickly.

We had our breakfast in Haleeva (same company/owner) which is just 1 mins walking from Ascot. The staff sent us there and food selection were good. It was a good thing that we had our daily breakfast here since Ascot only has limited choice of food.

We booked our Phi Phi island tour from the hotel and it cost 3000 thb. It is advisable that you take a walk along the streets to compare the price of the tour before you decided. Our friends joined the same tour for just 2200 thb.

Halal and Non-Halal Restaurants, bars, 7E, McD and Starbucks just walking distance from this hotel. There is a massage place called Dara next to Ascot. We did our foot massage, head and back massage for a good price. Do book in advance to avoid waiting.

The beach is 10-15min walking from the hotel and you can take a tuk tuk if you feel lazy to walk. It will cost you 30thb per person.

Ascot also provide beach mat and without rental charges. There are only 2-3 English TV channel so for those who plan to just stay in the room and watch tv, better change your plan and go for snorkeling instead. :)

FYI, For those who plan to stay here, from the airport, taxi will cost you 600bht. From the hotel, you can take a bus to the airport which cost you 150bht per person.

Overall , it was a pleasant experience staying Ascot. I do recommend this hotel for those who look for a clean and friendly budget hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PamJebbie
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and for the money you pay (INR 3600 per night) you get a very spacious and clean room with private balcony, courteous staff and good service. however, prepare for few surprises. There is no elevator/lift in the hotel so prepared to go up and down using steep steps . Kettle is provided on demand, however, you can make your own coffee/tea in the small dining area in the ground floor. if you are a traveller who travels with ready to eat food stuff, they allow us to use their kitchen that was a really useful for me.
On two occasions, the taps went dry and have to call them up but they immediately rectified the water problem. Excellent wi-fi connectivity in the room and staff helps with small requests like free print out etc.

Room Tip: rooms facing the road are not recommended as there is constant disturbance from the road during nigh...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed 3 nights in this hotel. The rooms were large and clean and the wifi signal was also strong. The staff were also courteous and helpful. The tours and transport organised by Apple (one of the staff) was also cheaper than what was advertised outside. The only issue that it might be 600 m or so away from the main beach area but for me that was not a problem.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the cliffs might be better and get the hotel staff to help organise tours for you...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed with my wife and spent three nights at this hotel. Although it was a low season I booked in advance and got a budget price. The rooms are very clean, beautiful and what you can expect at a budget price. All the shops, seven eleven and lot of hang out joints is just outside the hotel. I think it should be 5 mins walk from ao nang beach.

I booked all my tours from this hotel at a very reasonable price. One of the receptionist Sharifa & Apple helped me to book the tour at the last minute (since it was a low season, October, I got the tour very easily).

All the three customer staff is very helpful including Sharifa, Breeze and Apple.

The only downside is it do not have lift and you can ask for a lower rooms with a mountain view if possible.

We got upper floor room on the first day , but on request they moved us to 2nd floor on the next day.

Overall, a very comfortable hotel stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor with a mountain view room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anshul500
Reviewed 30 August 2013

As per other reviews,I was skeptical of the good reviews thus I booked the hotel.
I stayed an extra night and will not hesitate to stay there again if I visit Krabi.
The Cons: The tap was running very little water to wash my face.But I gathered, it must be because of the small glass sink.
Aircon was too cold,and when you decrease the temperature, it became too hot.
Pros:All were English speaking staff.Having backpacked to other parts of Thailand, I find its a relief not to explain my needs over & over again.
Hotel also had services like motorcycle rental,taxi to airport,phiphi tours.and when they organise for me, they kept my receipts while I go for dinner.When even followed up, how I enjoyed the services.If only they remember the guest's name by heart,this would beat the services of staying in Ritz Carlton.
High Speed internet-Critical for travellers like me who are fussy.always booking just one night to test if hotel stay was value for money.I booked my 2nd night stay on my mobile while talking to the reception.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor as hotel do not have a lift
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo