“comfort at excellent value”
Review of Chandee Guesthouse

Chandee Guesthouse
Ranked #82 of 110 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I negotiated a discount and got one night free so only paid 333 baht per night making this place a bargain.

There were some holes in the towels and blankets but I had no doubt that the place was clean, just a little tired on some of the edges. Furniture was all lovely and well kept

Shower was hot and powerful (which you can't take for granted in Thailand)

Bed was massive and very comfortable

Towels changed and rubbish taken every day but not a full room service which was fine by me

Wifi was pretty reliable (again can't take for granted!)

TV didn't work but I wouldnt have been using it anyway

My room was on the second floor and didn't have a window but again this didnt bother me and I could see no evidence of mould or insects.

Staff were very friendly and helpful and the indian restaurant downstairs was also very good

Very good place to stay if you are diving with aqua vision as they are directly across the road

Room Tip: 2nd floor was good for me
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Alhough the staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms, we've got were unacceptable (groudfloor). Stinky, dark, no windows, mold. After one night the receptionist has changed our rooms onto first floor. There are two rooms without window and two on the corners of the building- these are OK. But in general, if there will be only groud floor rooms available- don't accept it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This isn't a fancy stay or luxurious but the rooms apart from small ants (common in Thailand) are clean and comfortable enough.

The service was good and we had no trouble with our stay.
For the same price there are probably netter accommodations but there are plenty far worse for the same price too..

This was good enough and I would recommend it to people needing a couple nights and don't want to bother hunting for rooms.. These are average standard at average price with good service and close to everything! Starbucks mcd subway shopping.. Good location. 10 min to beach.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jxales
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights prior to travelling on to Ko Lanta
Rooms need updating, but we had big double bed, good air con, tv, clean towels and cleaned around both days
We couldn't check in until 1pm, but wasn't too much of a problem. The ground floor is now an Indian restaurant, with a door/counter on right hand side for the guest house. Staff we friendly with us. Located directly opposite Massoman Restaurant
Located not too far from.the beach, noisy road.but not too bad late at night
There is a shared balcony at top of stairs with table and chairs,but wasn't used by us

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5 which backs onto fields/mountain, great views
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

It was a bit on the pricey side but we had a good stay. Room service didn't make the bed or change sheets or even empty the bin. They only gave us fresh towels and didn't give us new drinking water everyday. Otherwise excellent location and we had a good stay. They booked our day trips to the islands and organised laundry.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed here recently for 4 nights and found it was all that we needed and in some ways better than alot of the places we had previously stayed at in Thailand, and here is why:

Only 500 baht a night for a relatively large double room with aircon.

Staff were friendly enough, when we arrived (hadn't booked in advance) they allowed us to view the room and get settled in before going down and paying, also offered to help us with tour bookings but weren't pushy about this, just let me know. Every time we went out or came back we got a hello and a smile.

Room was pretty good, no bugs except for a few ants when we spilt some chips on the floor but more than aware this was our fault for having food in the room, and it still wasn't many I could clean them up with a tissue. The aircon worked very efficiently although we found on 2 nights it went off during the night, but maybe the power went out because the other 2 nights it was fine. The bathroom was clean and small but functional. Room was cleaned daily and free water was given which was nice. Wi-fi was pretty good, quite strong most of the time. Also had some holes in the sheets but this didn't worry me. Also Had heaps of power points in the room which are often hard to come by in Thailand so this was great for us as we can charge everything at once!

Overall a good stay and would have no problems staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cbell021094
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I know there are a lot of bad comments about this guesthouse. This is what I think. If you expect the above average cleanliness and professionalism, this is not the place. The second I walked in, I found the place so filthy with dusty wardrobe and old and moldy looking bathroom. My blanket cover had 2 holes even. But as I stayed a couple more days, i found it more acceptable. It is not that bad if you are traveling on a strict budget. My sister and I paid 500B for a A/c twin room with 2 fresh towels and bottles of water everyday. The staff are friendly and honest. Free and reasonably fast wifi. The most important thing is the close distance to everything. Shops are around along the street, 10m walk to the beach, 15m walk to the local street food where you pay only half of the restaurant's prices for meals.
Basically, it is the type of "Right when you walk in, you want to walk away but when you stay, it becomes more ok". So, your choice. :)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family