“Great wine. Great food.”

Diver's Inn Steakhouse and International Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 270 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Price range: US$3 - US$28
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Great wine. Great food.”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went intending to get the steak but the menu was so extensive we ended up with duck breast and a plentiful pineapple fried rice (with chicken rather than shrimp which was better for me). The accompanying salad was a nice touch and something we didn't experience anywhere else in Ao Nang. We found good wine difficult to come across in Ao Nang but the wine here was great and reasonably priced. The staff were very attentive as was the owner who spoke to everyone and made sure everything was ok. Would recommend for a good glass of wine and a change from thai food (although that is on the menu too).

• Visited July 2014

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average food”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Its a nice restaurant inside and the staff and owner are very pleasant. The food was pretty average compared to the other places we ate during our 14 night stay. I had the chicken schnitzel and it was bland, a good selection of wine in this place at good prices. I wouldn't return to many other places to try.

• Visited June 2014
Juergen1964, Inhaber at Diver's Inn Steakhouse and International Cuisine, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear ADJ 1986

Thank you very much for your review.
You rated the Chicken Schnitzel as bland. The meat is seasoned with salt and pepper. As we not cook for a personal taste (some people like a lot of salt and or pepper) we need to find a "grade" of seasoning which will please the majority of people. If there is too much salt and pepper people may complain about oversalted food . If there is not enough of both in the food for someone's personal taste we provide salt and pepper mills on every table.
As you mentioned "pleasant staff and owner" I have been in the restaurant and at your table to ask about your food. Why didn´t you mention that it was too bland for you? We would have the chance to change it, add some more seasoning or if you have special request to season it .
Remember that for the future: every restaurant owner will be happy to get an honest answer if asking the customer (I know in Thailand might be a little different because Thai people in general are not that open for critics) but I am European and I can deal with it. Just an honest answer could have made your experience a much better one.
We hope you had a nice time in Ao Nang.

Jürgen and Jeab
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“These other reviews are bogus”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Ew. First of all my steak was Cold. Legitimately cold. Even the warmer one was the worst ive ever had. The mashed potatoes had some weird sugary spice in it which made it taste gross. I cant get over how god awful this meal was. The servers were rude too. NOT WORTH IT WHATSOEVER. One of the worst meals ive ever had.

1 Thank Mallorbs
Juergen1964, Inhaber at Diver's Inn Steakhouse and International Cuisine, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Mallorbs

after reading your review I had a talk with the staff in our restaurant. Your ribeye was ordered medium rare, garlic butter at side. You put the garlic butter on top before you cut the steak and ask the waitress to put the steak back because it was too cold. My wife put the steak back on the grill for a minute on each side. Medium rare is somewhat between 50 and 55 degrees temperature, that means the meat can´t be very hot otherwise it will get from medium to well or even more. The garlic butter is coming out of the freezer to avoid it being liquid when we serve it.
About the mashed all I can say that there is nor sugar inside. Only salt, pepper, nutmeg, hot milk and some whipping to get a fluffy mashed. The potatoes in Thailand sometimes have a sweet taste, we can´t change that. We have to use what is available in the market.
Point three, rude server, was never ever an issue in our restaurant. I don´t know what happened because I was home to shower so I only got the feedback from our staff and they denied being in any way rude. They even told me that they asked you after bringing the steak back if everything is ok now and you said yes.
We apologize for not delivering what you have expected and hope you have a nice time in Ao Nang.
Jürgen and Jeab
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
“Good food”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A nice place for steaks and Thai food. The thai green curry was one of the best we have had. Friendly staff.

Ao Nang, Thailand
“Good food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Divers in in Ao Nang.
Good food, good service, ok prices.
You will find Divers Inn oposit Mc Donald. a little up the road.

• Visited December 2013