This hotel is quite lovely. We had a few hiccups but it didn't ruin our experience overall.
Arrival was relatively smooth and quick, with on-time pick up from the airport. Upon check-in, they made us pay our bill in full. I thought that was very bizarre and tried to ask why they were doing it, but they couldn't understand my question so I just let them proceed.
We had a two bedroom villa and it was beautiful. A huge balcony for relaxing and looking out over the pool and limestone cliffs. We sat here most nights and had a couple drinks before heading to bed. The interior of the villas are tastefully decorated and lovely. Large bedrooms with ample storage space, comfy beds, flatscreen TVs - all connected by a very big bathroom. The shower pressure was pretty bad, but not that big a deal. There was a small kitchen area with a fridge, sink, coffee maker and table and chairs. Our kitchen floor was pretty dirty when we arrived - I mean brown, sticky stuff on the floor everywhere. It obviously hadn't been cleaned before we moved in.
Breakfast was good and tasty. Buffet style with your usual hot eats along with fruits, pastries and the like. There were ants all over the fruits, but given the restaurant is outside I guess this can't be stopped. The service at breakfast was good, the staff were friendly and helpful. I didn't see anyone eating at the hotel restaurant other than for breakfast. I guess most preferred to eat in town where the action was.
After two days of being in the hotel, we noticed no housekeeping had come to clean. I went to the reception to ask if they clean every day and they said yes. I said my room had not been cleaned for 2 days and he seemed surprised. Someone arrived after a couple of hours and quickly went through the villa to clean things. I'm not someone who expects my towels and sheets to be washed every day, but when paying hundreds per night for a hotel, I do expect housekeeping and a good scrub of obviously dirty areas. I meantioned this at check-out, but not sure if this has happened to anyone else.
The hotel has free drop-off and pick-up in Ao Nang. This was helpful if you didn't feel like walking back. They forgot to pick us up on a couple of occasions, but it wasn't a huge deal and we just got a tuk-tuk back to the hotel.
All in all, I enjoyed my stay very much. They can improve on some things and when done, I believe this hotel can be great. For me, they're not quite there yet. There were some communication difficulties as the staff did not speak decent english. I realize I'm in Thailand, but it can be slightly frustrating when you are trying to voice an issue and it may not be resolved because you're not understood.
The resort is worth checking out though, maybe we were just unlucky! Ao Nang is a great chill spot though, I'd go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Phu Pi Maan Resort & SpaA small and cozy resort designed into a tropical embrace of nature. Delicately designed villas, suites and deluxe rooms blend the best elements of contemporary design and traditional Thai style together, leading to a relaxing atmosphere of comfort and luxury. Phu Pi Maan offers all amenities and facilities a guest could expect. The spacious and beautifully designed pool area invites guest of all ages to enjoy and relax. Delicious Thai and western food is offered at the resorts nicely designed and stylish restaurant. For the ultimate indulgence in pure bliss and tranquility, the resort offers a health spa with many different thai massage and fitness center. A heavenly sanctuary for you to relax, unwind, recharge and rejuvenate. Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa is located in Ao Nang, Krabi, approx. 30km from Krabi Airport (30 minutes by car) or 160km from Phuket Airport (2 hours by car). Ao Nang Beach can be reached within a five minute shuttle service offered throughout the whole day by the resort. The most beautiful beaches of Tonsai, Railay and Phra Nang can be reached within 15 minutes by longtailboat and the gorgeous beaches of Poda and Chicken Island within a 30 minutes ride. Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa offers the ultimate experience for guest looking for a stay with a personal touch within a beautiful and most quiet nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Ao Nang Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phu Pi Maan Resort And Spa
- Phu Pi Maan Hotel Ao Nang
- Ao Nang Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa Krabi