We arranged an airport transfer from the hotel (800bht), and when we arrived, the driver was already there with a sign held up. The ride was slightly less than 30 mins, and in a mini-van with just us two girls, it was a smooth and comfortable journey - not to mention that the driver was a very friendly guy too!
Upon arrival, check-in was quick and we had a refreshingly cold and sweet welcome drink. The staff spoke pretty good English and they were all smiles. They deserve a thumbs up, as they recognised us very quickly, thus adding that personal touch.
The room was twin sharing, but there was a queen bed and a single bed, with also a day bed, very spacious indeed. The toilet itself had a bathtub, and a standing shower equipped with a detached handheld shower AND a rain shower! The beds were firm and the pillows were a tad hard and high, so we requested for softer pillows on the second day. Needless to say, we had divine sleep and comforting showers.
The beach is a 15min walk away, but under the scorching sun, it can be quite tiring! They have a buggy that ferries guest to the beachfront or anywhere along the stretch toward it - we utilised often. As they do pick-ups back to the hotel, it was easy for us to call them to come get us. We got True Move prepaid 3G data plans for 249BHT at the airport.
We spent most of our days at the pool, which was a very nice place with deck chairs and towels provided at reception for sign-out. However, the pool below had gunk in it, and we were quite put off! It was like a layer of oil and wet stuff with effervescence. Who knows what that was. But it was a good thing the bigger section of the pool above was clean, with 3 deck chairs in the pool, and some jacuzzi jets at another corner.
It was an overall good stay, BUT! We weren't quite pleased with the breakfast spread, it was the same almost everyday and the quality wasn't that fantastic. They have a phone by the poolside to call for food: the first day, we called at 2pm and they said the kitchen was closed, till 6pm. The second day being a Saturday, they said the chefs are off and kitchen is closed. We did not bother with them on Sunday. It's the first time either of us have encountered this! It should be a convenience that's provided for the guests throughout the day till about 10pm if you don't want to have it 24hrs.
It's a Muslim-run establishment, so do stock up on your own!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Phu Pi Maan Resort & SpaA small and cozy resort designed into a tropical embrace of nature. Delicately designed villas, suites and deluxe rooms blend the best elements of contemporary design and traditional Thai style together, leading to a relaxing atmosphere of comfort and luxury. Phu Pi Maan offers all amenities and facilities a guest could expect. The spacious and beautifully designed pool area invites guest of all ages to enjoy and relax. Delicious Thai and western food is offered at the resorts nicely designed and stylish restaurant. For the ultimate indulgence in pure bliss and tranquility, the resort offers a health spa with many different thai massage and fitness center. A heavenly sanctuary for you to relax, unwind, recharge and rejuvenate. Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa is located in Ao Nang, Krabi, approx. 30km from Krabi Airport (30 minutes by car) or 160km from Phuket Airport (2 hours by car). Ao Nang Beach can be reached within a five minute shuttle service offered throughout the whole day by the resort. The most beautiful beaches of Tonsai, Railay and Phra Nang can be reached within 15 minutes by longtailboat and the gorgeous beaches of Poda and Chicken Island within a 30 minutes ride. Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa offers the ultimate experience for guest looking for a stay with a personal touch within a beautiful and most quiet nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phu Pi Maan Resort And Spa
- Phu Pi Maan Hotel Ao Nang
- Phu Pi Maan Resort & Spa Krabi/Ao Nang