“very poor”

Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A nice restaurant in Ao Nangs Seafood Street
Reviewed 30 December 2011

after reading the reviews we decided to pay this restaurant a visit. the location was lovely & the food ordered came quickly. i ordered a papaya salad with crab & was shocked to find that the crab was raw. after a while the manageress came & when i told her about the raw crab she had the audacity to say that i had already eaten half of it( i obviously did eat the salad without touching the crab), she tried to imply that i was looking for a freebie - & she just disappeared.. no action taken/ no apology ! while leaving i really gave her a piece of my mind !!! never again!! highly overrated place

2  Thank weekenderMumbai

Reviewed 21 November 2011

My wife and I went twice to this beachfront restaurant. It's among a row of restaurants along the beach in AoNang. The atmosphere is really nice, especially along the edge of the patio overlooking the beach/sea. They serve seafood, Thai, and some European dishes. I'd say their seafood is the best option. I really liked their fish burger too. The Thai food is okay, but you can find it cheaper and better at other places. I wouldn't recommend the seafood lasagna (it's Thai style, not Italian) or pad Thai, which my wife ordered.
The service is very good. They are properly staffed, and friendly. During our visit in early November 2011, they offered 100 baht drinks and a 20% discount on food (but make sure you check your bill that they applied the discount).
Really enjoyed this restaurant and recommend it for seafood at sunset especially.

4  Thank there-goes-Dave
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Good Food, Good Service and nice view of beach front. Thank you manager for helping us choosing favorite dish of seafood. Have to say that here have the most freshness of seafood as we think they always have something new for sell everyday , we can see coz we visit there for 3 days. They have free wifi provided, if you want to have time for browsing they have seats inside which you can stay more than 1 hour.

2  Thank Aonang-Beach
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The food is great, the prices are reasonable, the waiters and cooks are very friendly, but the manager was very very rude to me....she grated so bad telling me that I could only be seated for an hour maximum.....such a shame she made me feel so bad......absolutely awful experience!

1  Thank LuzRuiz
Reviewed 5 November 2011

We discovered Rabieng Talay via TripAdvisor, all the reviews were so good and so we gave it a go ourselves three nights ago and have been back each night since then. The food is wonderful - fresh and very authentic and totally stands out as the best we have had in Thailand so far - the aubergine and prawn salad is to die for, the Som Tam is wonderful, the spicy grilled beef salad is exceptional, the grilled seafood is superb too and cocktails are very good also (and cheaper now as it is the low season). Trust this review and the others - it is a little tricky to find this place, but it is well worth looking for - staff are really delightful and and view of the sea is breathtaking also. If it is the busy season it is probably worth booking a table next to the sea, I would guess. Go, go, go - it is wonderful here and I wish they had an outlet in London! Just so you know, Jeanette's is also a good option - very good food and really friendly staff, but Rabieng Talay is a cut above. Personally, Jeanette's for lunch and Rabieng Talay for dinner is a pretty perfect culinary experience.

3  Thank David191