“Lovely hostel, for the quieter nights ”
Review of Glur Hostel

Glur Hostel
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Me and a friend booked this hostel after recommendation. And it didn't fail with facilities and cleanliness. Lovely bedrooms, such clean toilets and showers and the common area is really really nice. It is on the more expensive side for a backpacker. But worthit if you have the money. The only problem I find is the lack of sociableness which is what you crave as a traveller. We didn't meet too many people (even when full) but everyone we met was absoloute lovely. Would come back again :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Glur for 5 nights, great location. 20 min from beach by walk, away from main busy streets. Room looks great, clean, spacies with its own storage for laguage. Lovely common area, with a lown and pool. We'll done :)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed in Glur for 2 nights at the end of January after being on phi phi. I wish i hadn't already booked my flight to Bangkok as i would have stayed longer!! As reviewers say its a well designed hostel that really does offer everything you need. I stayed in the female 8 bed dorm and was really impressed with the bed, big massive locker, mirror, light and plug along with the curtain for a bit of privacy. Richard who checked me in was very helpful in showing me round. The pool was nice and refreshing and an added bonus.

The bathrooms were spotless, as was the rest of the hostel. The communal area meant it was really easy to meet people, and it was a great place to hang out. Over the weekend there is a great food market on the room to the hostel so one night my new friends and I ate like kings! Staff were very helpful with offering advice on where to get laundry done, trips and airport transfers.

Yes its 15 minutes (downhill) walk to the beach, but this meant I was able to check out lots of restaurants on the way! The one time i was too tired to walk i got a tut tut for a few baht. No hassle at all. Being a little further from the beach meant a good nights sleep away from the party area. Top tip get a longtail to Railay - highlight of my trip. In all i loved this hostel and I will make sure if i'm ever back in Ao nang to stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Has a nice place to mingle quite away from the dorms so you can either enjoy silence or meet people
Dorms and bathrooms are large, stylish and super clean
Beds have curtains so you can have all the privacy you need
Very very very nice staff
Swimming Pool is awesome
One of the top 3 hostels I've been
Only thing it's quite far from the beach (20min walk), so you won't like to go back and forth
They serve no breakfast but have a delicious restaurant - sandwiches are great
Just loved this place and will surely go back

Room Tip: I took the male 4 bed dorm with A/C - just great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I visited Krabi with 3 other friends and we booked two double rooms (one of which has an attached bathroom). It was a great stay at Glur Hostel! Their staff are so friendly and helpful!

Glur Hostel is impeccably clean as compared to many hostels. I see helpers sweeping the floor every now and then. They make your bed for you too!! Glur Hostel provides hammocks (++ points) and they have a play area/lounge which has so many movies for rent! Also, they provide mats for suntanning on the beach ;).

I would highly recommend their breakfast package. Many of Krabi activities (such as Island Hopping/Kayaking/Emerald Pool) start early in the morning at 8am. The breakfast provided by Glur meant less hassle and starving during the activities. And the breakfast is really filling and delicious, yum.

Another awesome thing was that their staff are so informative; and gave really constructive and honest feedback about the different attractions in Krabi Town. We are also able to rent bikes and have them delivered to the hostel! If you are a newbie at bike riding (like me), you can take advantage of the secluded area to test ride. :D

On the weekends, there is also a mini night market on the street where Glur Hostel's at. It is nothing much as compared to Krabi Town, but it is a good experience! :)

One downside is that there were a lot of mosquitoes that went in the room. I can see their effort in trying to prevent them by installing mosquito nets at the windows. :)

I love this place and hopefully, I will be back soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Amazing hostel. Probably one of the best places we stayed during our month long trip around Thailand. Beautifully designed and has everything you need, even a pool! The owners were really friendly and helped us booked our tours. The food in the attached cafe is excellent, great breakfast and the free tea, Coffee and fruit in the sitting area was an added bonus!! Excellent value for money. Slight walk to the beach (15mins) but worth it to get the better hostel for cheaper price.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Wow....that was my first impression of backhome kl, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and haven't felt this way until I stayed at Glur Hostel in Ao Nang, Krabi. This is place is sparkling new and it has everything. The lockers were huge and you would still have more space for yourself. Bathroom and shower rooms were super clean as well. The only thing I wish glur would offer was a simple breakfast like Backhome. I mean buy a few toasters and some bread would make this place almost amazing. They still offer tea and water. They also provided a fridge as well.

They also had a swimming pool and some spaces for you to hang out. Wow. The person who designed this place must have been a world traveller as he or she seems to know what we need.

Although it's a bit of a walk to the beach, I didn't mind it as I enjoy walking and checking out the stores. I would definitely return here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo